Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Microphone support not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ulti

I'm having trouble getting microphone support working for games like Odama, MP6, MP7, etc.

I have a microphone connected and it's set as my default recording device in Windows 7. I selected "Mic" under Slot B in the Gamecube options and configured a button for the Mic in the GCPad options. But when I enable the Mic in MP6 and try to do the microphone test, it doesn't show any input even though I can see the OS is receiving input in the Mixer window.

I've tried with two different mics, a standard one plugged into my motherboard's audio port and the mic on a USB webcam, neither works. I've also tried enabling LLE for sound, no difference.

Any suggestions on other things to try? Different builds that might work better? Any way I can get debug info to the devs so they can debug this issue? Thanks.

I'm using Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-715 on Windows 7 64-bit.
microphone is not supported i believe...
maybe there is a experimental testbranch in the git...
dont know havent looked a while in there
GC mic has been added, wii speak has not (it is in a branch)

ulti

I figured it out, I had my Mic button configured for Pad 1 but I had the Mic plugged into Slot B. If the Mic is in Slot B you have to set the Mic button in the Pad 2 tab.

IMO the Mic buttons should be moved to a separate tab to eliminate this confusion.