Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows Recovery Disc and Dolphin trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NostraTymus

Ok, Dolphin likes to run slow on my laptop so i tried running it from the windows log on screen. the idea was to run it from there because there isnt as many processes and services running there.However, i didnt see all that much improvement... so... i decided to put in my windows recovery disc and use command prompt to start up Dolphin; hoping that from here there will be very few processes running since windows isnt really loaded. i just have one little problem.... i cant get dolphin to play the game. it loads itself just fine but wont load the game. at first i got an error saying "failed to initialize Direct 3D" followed by a "memory could not be written" error. i changed the graphics API to OpenGL and that obviously got rid of that first error but now i'm stuck with a similar but slightly different "memory could not be written" error. I dont know all to much about dolphin or how it works, can anybody help me?
The problem is the fact that your running dolphin on a recovery disk version of windows... That is basically a temporary windows, with no write access and a lack of many drivers and such. If dolphin runs slow on your laptop, it's most likely your laptop and the only way you'll get better speed is by buying a better laptop, or preferably, a PC.
do i need to post the captioned version....

[Image: live.jpg]
No, just a capital letter at the beginning of sentences and a question mark at the end of questions. I think they're far more important than the caption as long as the op has ever used the internet.

NostraTymus

I feared that that was the case... Thank you for your time though