Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay error: Failed to connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guyz i wanna play melee with my friends. i did everything good, i have the same config/emu, windows 7 64bit, everything is great, but every time i host and my friends tries to connect he cant! it says Failed to connect.

also, if he is the host and i try to join, i cant either, same error.

i was able to connect to another friend but he couldnt connect when i was hosting... i think the problem is me.. idk

also he was checking the forward port thingy and firewall and all that but he couldnt fix it.

i feel so bad now cuz i made a tutorial on how to play ssbm (melee) online and now ppl keep asking me why it wont connect.

Help!
Have you had a look at the Dolphin 3.0 Netplay Guide? There may be something in there that will be of use to you. Additionally, using 3.0, rather than the newest GIT releases, seems to work for some people, so try using it for netplay. For your networking issues (port forwarding, firewalls), PortForward.com might be one resource to check out.

Jubei

In the end I would like to know if it could solve this problem of failure to connect either being host or guest because I have this problem and will not let me play in any way.
Please see our rules about necroposting:

Quote:Necroposting: In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

It's better to make your own thread about this issue. This thread is nearing 6 years old...