Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how to speed up dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have dolphin 3.0 it is always running at 7 fps and is very slow.
I have dual core and idle skipping enabled, have enable cheats unchecked, framelimit auto and not limited by fps.I don't have the threads locked to the cores. i have the jit recompiler and dsp hle audio.I am on dsound and at 48000 hertz. I have direct3d9 and amd radeon hd 6310 adapter. i have 1280x720 fullscreen and auto for the aspect ratio. no anti-aliasing and 1xansiotropic filtering with native resolution and scaled efb copy nothing is checked in advance and i have disabled per pixel depth. what should i change to make it faster?
PLEASE

Post specs! For the love of God!
(07-04-2012, 04:12 AM)dolphin309 Wrote: [ -> ]i have dolphin 3.0 it is always running at 7 fps and is very slow.
I have dual core and idle skipping enabled, have enable cheats unchecked, framelimit auto and not limited by fps.I don't have the threads locked to the cores. i have the jit recompiler and dsp hle audio.I am on dsound and at 48000 hertz. I have direct3d9 and amd radeon hd 6310 adapter. i have 1280x720 fullscreen and auto for the aspect ratio. no anti-aliasing and 1xansiotropic filtering with native resolution and scaled efb copy nothing is checked in advance and i have disabled per pixel depth. what should i change to make it faster?

Could you run CPU-Z and get back to me on specs?

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.61-setup-en.exe
[attachment=7972]here are the specs.
Your PC is just too slow, you'll need to get a better PC if you want to play games at acceptable speeds.
(07-04-2012, 05:34 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Your PC is just too slow, you'll need to get a better PC if you want to play games at acceptable speeds.

Agreed, E-350 is a Netbook class processor.

I could recommend a PC to you, if you feel interested.

JHardin1112

Here are my specs, can anyone let me know if I am not optimal in some area?

[Image: 3752873_127319851_7432592?AWSAccessKeyId...ZXZjqRA%3D]

[Image: 2430649.png]

Well, if you use 2 or 3 cores in Dolphin, you'll get about 2.5GHz with the Turbo Boost. So most games should be playable.

Which games do you want to play?

JHardin1112

(07-06-2012, 10:59 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you use 2 or 3 cores in Dolphin, you'll get about 2.5GHz with the Turbo Boost. So most games should be playable.

Which games do you want to play?

Can you specify how many cores you want to use in the settings? Turbo boost, um I haven't seen anything like that. Sorry, I've used Dolphin before, but I usually try not to mess with the settings that much.

I want to play Xenoblade Chronicles, No More Heroes 2, and Brave: The Video Game. I am only getting about 16 FPS in No More Heroes and it dips a lot.

If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Normally, Dolphin uses 2 cores. If you check LLE on thread, Dolphin will use 3 cores.

Single core Turbo Boost is 2.8GHz -> http://ark.intel.com/products/43122/Inte...-1_60-GHz)

so i guess, if you run Dolphin, your CPU will boost to 2.6/2.7GHz. Xenoblade is a demanding game, your CPU is too slow for this game, but it should be playable though.
Pages: 1 2