Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of Zelda: Four sword adventures! please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gauntletman

So... I have looked around on the forums and seen that people have a problem with the GBA, well so do I.

And people said it didnt work for the moment, but then again that was 2 yrs ago.

I and my friend are trying to play this game on our computers, but to do so, we need to make the hosts computer slot1 a standard controller.

When we do that it says we need two gameboy advanced to be able to play.
So we change it to GBA, but then it wont work because we cannot use the normal functions! (like how to actually start the game).

Anyone got any idea of what to do?

Couldnt post this in game discussion, because I wasnt "allowed" to do so.
(07-03-2012, 05:53 PM)Gauntletman Wrote: [ -> ]So... I have looked around on the forums and seen that people have a problem with the GBA, well so do I.

And people said it didnt work for the moment, but then again that was 2 yrs ago.

I and my friend are trying to play this game on our computers, but to do so, we need to make the hosts computer slot1 a standard controller.

When we do that it says we need two gameboy advanced to be able to play.
So we change it to GBA, but then it wont work because we cannot use the normal functions! (like how to actually start the game).

Anyone got any idea of what to do?

Couldnt post this in game discussion, because I wasnt "allowed" to do so.

You're doing it all wrong. Wink But here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPI2A1si0...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpx_ZQp6Fxc

Youtube usually have a lot of resources on how to do stuff. And also in this case. Remember to search on youtube and/or gogole it.

Note: I personally haven't had the time to set it all up, but I watched these how-to videos and they seem easy enough to follow.
I did this a few times recently. I'll try to go through it step by step.

1. Open Dolphin, anything build that's beyond 6000.
2. Dump a GBA bios and put it into the same folder as VBA(VBA-M SVN1085 to be precise).
3. On VBA-M, goto EMulation > Uncheck "Pause when inactive".
4. Back to Emulation > BIOS Files and goto the Gameboy Advance area and choose your Bios. Also, uncheck "Skip Boot".
5. Open Dolphin.
6. Start the game.
7. When choosing the players, on Dolphin, goto configure > gamecube and change the controller type to GBA. Then goto VBA-M and Link > Joybus Connection. Check the option and type this "127.0.0.1".
8. Dolphin will freeze for a moment. Don't panic, go choose Four Swords in the VBA-M menu and wait for it to connect.
9. Rinse and repeat the steps for the other players.

Tip: Will seem very confusing because of VBA-M's innability to save multiple ini files. So you will have to configure controls for each person every time.
1097 please.

Quote: Tip: Will seem very confusing because of VBA-M's innability to save multiple ini files. So you will have to configure controls for each person every time.

Theres a reason why VBA has always supported 4 input configs and allowed you to swap between them at any time.....