Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to Dolphin Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mamoreno89

Hey guys, Im a bit new to the scene and have been frustrated with this. I do not seem to know very much about what to upgrade, overclocking, etc to get dolphin to work properly. I keep having constant slow down and have been using the "recommended" setting to set up dolphin. What assistance can I have to help have this run better? (i.e. get a new GFX card, overclock CPU, etc...)

All help is appreciated! Thanks

Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Processor/CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 2.80 Ghz
Video Card/GPU: ATI 5770
Memory/RAM: 6.00 GB
How about posting your specs so that someone further understands your situation.
With your current gettup, I don't see the problem.

Are you using the latest build? Try 2.0. 3.0 centers around accuracy over speed, while 2.0 does the opposite.
Depends on the game you want to play
Core i7 1st gen @ 2.8Ghz is not enough for those demanding games like Mario Galaxy , The Last Story , Zangeki no Reginleiv ....require i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz to run full speed
That's painfully ridiculous.
*@tysonrss Oops, nevermind. That was a mistake , somehow i didn't read your post properly*
Quote:When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide a) your PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System, ..) b) information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, ..) c) Dolphin settings d) detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.

Quote:That's painfully ridiculous.
If you can't afford it , you should buy a wii

@OP
Either upgrade your CPU and mobo (Z68 , Z77) or buy aftermarket cooler , Arctic MX-4 then overclock your CPU . 3.4-3.6GHz should be fine for most games except those demanding games
(07-03-2012, 02:04 PM)tysonrss Wrote: [ -> ]3.0 centers around accuracy over speed, while 2.0 does the opposite.

Err, what? The goal of dolphin (afaik) has always been to be as accurate as possible, that is pretty much what all emu's do Undecided
(07-03-2012, 02:04 PM)tysonrss Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the latest build? Try 2.0. 3.0 centers around accuracy over speed, while 2.0 does the opposite.

Yeah, not really. 2.0 is faster because it is less accurate. The goal of the 2.0 release (and most Dolphin revs for that matter) was for greater accuracy. 3.0 was more accurate, hence slower. It's not like the devs intentionally focused on speed, it's just an effect of the program's development.

Also, stop suggesting that people try older, unsupported builds.
2.0 is not always faster than 3.0. There are A LOT of games that run faster on 3.0.

OP still needs to post the games that he is trying to run.

mamoreno89

(07-04-2012, 09:02 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 is not always faster than 3.0. There are A LOT of games that run faster on 3.0.

OP still needs to post the games that he is trying to run.

The games I was trying to playing were various ones including : Donkey Kong Country Returns, Resident Evil Darkside and Xenoblade, all running horribly slow on my pc.

Did you enable Vbeam ?
Pages: 1 2