Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running slowly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I have read many things about speeding up dolphin, but I have had a wierd issue recently, I have always used the fastest settings that are on the main website. I have played Monkey ball 2, Mario kart double dash, and a few other games at full speed on dolphin 3.0, but recently, everything's been running at around 60-90% speed, I have had no hardware changes or anything, not different clock speeds etc.

I have:
AMD 6950 2GB @840 + 1325
12GB DDR3 1333Mhz
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511Ghz

Does anyone have an idea on why it has been running slow recently? If you need any other info just let me know, and I'll tell you.

Thanks

Evil
Newer revisions are bit slower (at least for me). You should continue to use the official 3.0 release for now unless there is something specific you need from the latest revisions. If you had a newer and faster processor, you probably wouldn't notice the speed as much. Since you're using a Phenom II, you'll need all the speed you can get.

Try these settings if you haven't yet. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
I am still using 3.0 and am getting slower speeds than I used to. I tried using the settings you linked to and it gives a mild speedup, thanks for those.
Check out Lectrodes builds, DefenderX builds and ExtremeDude's buids.

Since you have AMD, I suggest you start out with Lectrodes and download his 3.0 build first and patch it with the Intel Compiler Patch(which is on his thread as well). If you don't see much improvement, download his 2.0 and patch it. 3.0 didn't help me but 2.0 did and I have almost full speed with many games.