Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's the games that needs better hardware configuration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the playable games that need most of your computer?
I want to buy a new laptop to run Dolphin and I want to see a specs to run the most expensive in terms of Hardware usage game that plays well in dolphin...
Thanks for the answers!!!
GC : Metroid Prime 1 & 2, RE series, Splinter Cell series, Zelda TP, COD Finest Hour, MGS...
Wii : SMG 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda SS, Xenoblade, The Last Story...
Thank you very much, LordVador!!
Do someone know what's the minimum requiriments to play them fine today?
Ps.: Metroid Prime Trilogy have a greater performance cost than solo versions, at less for GameCube, don't have?
You can buy a good i3 or i5 at 3.6 Ghz and a nice video card for Dolphin very cheap, also try to use dolphin revision 3.5.125 or any revision with the option Disable Per-Pixel Depth, this option make games like Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, Last Story and any Zelda (SS and TLP) run at full speed Smile
we can overclock the i3?
Butz_san Wrote:also try to use dolphin revision 3.5.125 or any revision with the option Disable Per-Pixel Depth, this option make games like Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, Last Story and any Zelda (SS and TLP) run at full speed

This option only affects GPU load. If your GPU is fast enough to handle it there won't be any change in performance from turning it on/off. And it certainly won't allow you to play the last story or SMG at fullspeed on a 3.6 GHz i5.

simsalafan Wrote:we can overclock the i3?

If it's a recent i3 (sandy/ivy bride) you cannot.

simsalafan Wrote:Do someone know what's the minimum requiriments to play them fine today?

Which game? Some of those games can't be run at fullspeed or anywhere near it on any hardware that currently exists.

simsalafan Wrote:Ps.: Metroid Prime Trilogy have a greater performance cost than solo versions, at less for GameCube, don't have?

Please fix your grammar. I can barely understand that.

The metroid prime 1/2 GC versions do run faster than the metroid prime 1/2 wii (MP trilogy) versions.
I doubt there are any laptops around that can run The Last Story flawless, unless it's a 10 pound brick with desktop CPU.
Pandora's Tower also needs a lot of CPU power to run nicely too.

For me The Last Story is very playable at 4.3GHz (i5-2500k) (with 4.4GHz boost on 3 cores or less) and the speed is pretty much 100% all the time. I kinda have to look at the FPS meter to see the odd 28 FPS Smile
I'm almost finished the game (as far as I know, 21 hours in, on chapter 41 atm) and it has been a flawless experience.
Running with EFB to RAM and Cache slider between safe and fast (fast gives some weird DOF from time to time)
4x IR, no AA and 16x AF!

Xenoblade played nicely on my 4GHz E8500, but I bought the EU version which is 25FPS, The Last Story was not very playable on the E8500.