Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Planning to buy laptop/will dolphin run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rishy

Hello everyone! I plan to buy a laptop within a couple months and I am wondering if the following specs will be enough to run a majority of games on dolphin at full or close to full speed.

Laptop
HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) [Can turbo boost up to 3.3 GHz right???]

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory

Memory
8GB DDR3

Thank you for any replies ^^ Sorry I'm still new to dolphin Tongue
Which games do you want to play?

CPU: Yeah, this one is pretty good. All games should run well, except the heavy ones like SMG1+2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Last Story etc. Anyway, this heavy games won't run @ fullspeed, but should be playable though.

GPU: A decent GPU. It should handle 3x IR (1080p -> FullHD). Smile

Rishy

Most gamecube games, and hopefully some wii games like Super Paper Mario. Really wanna play the Metroid Prime series though. Already 100% completed SMG 2 on my wii though so not worried about that Smile but I do want to play sunshine and F-Zero GX. And probably the main zelda games too. Is it worth paying $175 more for a 2.6 GHz? will that help? And if anyone has other laptop suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, looking to spend under $1400-1500 and take advantage of the free XBOX offer.
Quote:HP Pavilion
Warning : Overheat issue
(07-02-2012, 04:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:HP Pavilion
Warning : Overheat issue

HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 Quad Edition [color=#FF0000]Entertainment[/color] Notebook PC