Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 with LLE Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Eralyax

Hi, today i tried to play at Super Mario Galaxy 2 and as you know there is a sound bug, the music stop working after some minute.

I saw that the solution is to use DSP-LLE instead of DSP-HLE.

But there is a big problem, the game need to run always at 100% otherwise the sound crash, the framerate drop and it's not playable.

I think the problem come from my CPU : Quad core I5 760 2.80Gz, I heard that the recommended CPU is I5 2500k ~4Ghz.

The question is, If I overclock my cpu at ~ 3.8Ghz, will the game work perfectly with DSP-LLE Plugin enabled ?

Thank you. Smile
Sorry for my bad english Blush
Quote:The question is, If I overclock my cpu at ~ 3.8Ghz, will the game work perfectly with DSP-LLE Plugin enabled ?

Nope. Maybe 4.8GHz... the architecture of the Sandy Bridge CPUs is better than the architecture of the 1st gen Intel Core i CPUs.

Eralyax

Ok thank you.

Do you know another solution to fix the sound problem ?
there is only one solution: DSP-LLE
@Eralyax
You can overclock around 4.0 GHz. The game will be playable. Not perfect but playable
Same "old good stuff" here Big Grin
I think thread I made about this issue should have been stickied or something because obviously this question pops up very often.
If you dont want sound to crash as you put it,you need to enable vbeam and disable idle skipping

Eralyax

Thank you rpglord ! the game work too much better, it's not perfect but with a little overclock or some settings adjustement it will be perfect Smile

Eralyax

so much*

presjar

Hey all,

I am using the LLE Plugin on Dsound but not LLE (slow)

DSP LLE on Thread - Unchecked
Enable Idle Skipping - Unchecked (When checked no change to music)

The music still stops in levels after a short time. Any ideas for a fix?

maddjoe

sound crashing happens to me at some games on gamecube too
by the way where did u download the game from
Pages: 1 2