Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LLE recompiler vs. LLE Interpreter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just started playing Twilight Princess lately. After a good while of playing, the sound begins to garble and distort. Closing Dolphin will fix the problem, so it's not a problem I care about. But I am wondering if the LLE Interpreter would fix that problem, or if it is a game-specific problem. The other game I play (which is a Wii game) never has this problem.

I'm just a very curious person.
Try the DSP LLE Recompiler.

Hint: If you want to use LLE, it's necessary to dump two files -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103
(06-28-2012, 08:06 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Try the DSP LLE Recompiler.

Hint: If you want to use LLE, it's necessary to dump two files -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103

Did that long ago, or else it wouldn't be working Tongue

Do you know how much slower the Recompiler makes things? I really should overclock my PC, I bought it to overclock it three years ago, and recently upgraded to that Intel 2500k, and still haven't overclocked.

I am getting a new graphics card sometime, it should help me increase some stuff like AA, and the resolution I think is affected by the graphics card too. Not 100% on that though.

EDIT: I changed the Audio Backend from DSound to XAudio2. But when I try the Interpreter, the game doesn't load. Everything freezes before the Warning screen. Trying Little King Story with it also makes things chug along. I guess it really does need a lot of CPU power! Even more impressive the performance LLE Recompiler gets!
Quote:Do you know how much slower the Recompiler makes things? I really should overclock my PC, I bought it to overclock it three years ago, and recently upgraded to that Intel 2500k, and still haven't overclocked.

Well, for the majority of the games, overlocking is recommended. Overclock your i5-2500k to 4.4GHz and all games will run very well (if LLE is enabled).