Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any way to put Screenshot buttons on a Controller input?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It'd be a lot easier for me to take a screenshot when I want it if it was mapped to my controller, instead of having to find the F9 button. Especially considering I am reclined with both hands on my controller.

It doesn't seem like it should be difficult, but I'm not a coder. Is this possible?
Possible: No
Possible to add that function to Dolphin: Yes
Easy to do that: No
Going to happen: Maybe, maybe not
Going to happen until you stop caring: Likely not
(06-28-2012, 07:15 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Possible: No

I know being a developer and having to deal with a lot of really stupid questions must take its toll on you, but there's no need to be terse.

And on this subject, aren't there programs that let you map keyboard buttons to controller buttons?
Using a key-remapper is probably the best solution. Try something like Xpadder for Windows. I would think that you'd really only have to map F9 or F12 or whatever Dolphin uses for screenshots, as that's the only key you want to simulate via your controller.
But if it is that easy, why would it be so difficult to do natively?
It's that 'easy' because that kind of mapping software are already made and functioning for you to use. It's a good solution, too.
(06-29-2012, 12:54 PM)belomeclone Wrote: [ -> ]But if it is that easy, why would it be so difficult to do natively?

Easy to do in XYZ program != easy to do in Dolphin. Also, what Hippox77 said.
(06-28-2012, 07:15 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Possible: No

joytokey