Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bad frame rate on SMSS.. :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lawlz

So I've looked around and found nothing to help my framerate. It's not my computer and I've tried every setting. I would try the 64 bit version but I get a kernel32.dll error and I don't know how to recompile the code to make it work as some threads have suggested.

[Image: ssctg.jpg]

I ran dota 2 in the background to show that it wasn't my computer. Yes, of course I've ran it with NOTHING else running and I still get the SAME fps. I tried OPTIMAL fps things from many threads and none seem to have worked.

Specs:
XP 64 bit
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 460 GTX
Intel Quad Core

Help please Sad
Intel Quad Core doesn't mean anything
If your CPU clock speed is too low , you'll get bad framerate
Btw , XP64 driver suck . Dolphin don't support XP64 anymore

lawlz

(06-28-2012, 02:46 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Quad Core doesn't mean anything
If your CPU clock speed is too low , you'll get bad framerate

Quad core @2.5ghz. So I'll always lag emulating something on dolphin? Sad Sad day, only reason I'm emulating is cuz my SMSS disc is scratched and won't run lol.

edit - I see so everything else runs at 60-200ish fps but emulating can't handle the xp drivers. I see.

Edit(again) - WW also lags, sigh, at least my real copy of that game still works. Anyway I guess I'll go back to playing SM64 and OoT between queue time of games. Siiiiiighhhhhhhh lol.
Sorry, that CPU is too slow for dolphin . I assume you're using "EFB copy to Ram" , "EFB copy to texture" will give you a few more FPS but you have to sacrifice accuracy .
2 choices for you :
_Get the faster CPU (Pentium G860 , i3 2120 , i5 2500k , i5 3570k ) + Z68 motherboard
_Overclock your current CPU (need aftermarket CPU heatsink , aftermarket thermal compound - Arctic MX-4)

lawlz

(06-28-2012, 02:58 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, that CPU is too slow for dolphin . I assume you're using "EFB copy to Ram" , "EFB copy to texture" will give you a few more FPS but you have to sacrifice accuracy .
2 choices for you :
_Get the faster CPU (Pentium G860 , i3 2120 , i5 2500k , i5 3570k ) + Z68 motherboard
_Overclock your current CPU (need aftermarket CPU heatsink , aftermarket thermal compound - Arctic MX-4)

Ty, I was wondering why i ran it perfectly with my old duo core at like 3.6ghz or w/e (even tho this quad is obviously better for everything..... except emulating I guess rofl). Thanks for clearing it up, might as well just get rid of dolphin as I'll probably only play it in between downtime when I have to queue.