Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC: Harry Potter 3 lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban finally works! But unlike Chamber of Secrets, it is lagging, game is slow, DSP LLE sound is terrible (also lagging). I tried changing some setting, but it's still slow. I'm using the newest wersion of Dolphin.
I also saw better graphic settings (antialiasing, resolution) doens't make game slower.
Quote:Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help.

Where are your PC specs? What Dolphin settings are you using? What exactly is "slow" in terms of FPS? We shouldn't have to play guessing when you create a thread. Please read the rules beforehand. Post your specs and settings as soon as possible.

LLE audio is demanding. Try HLE audio (might have sound problems, but will probably give you a speedup). Also, if you can raise your IR and AA, with no performance hit, then your GPU isn't the bottleneck, your CPU would be holding your system back.
Sorry, I forgot.
Game is around 15 FPS, with HLE 19. It's playable, but LLE slowed down sound is very annoying.
My computer: Intel core i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64.
Settings:
[attachment=7943]
This game is very demanding since it needs MMU options to run. Then you add LLE audio on top of that and it's really slow. My guess is that a heavily overclocked i5-2500k is what it would take to run this game well.
So I have to wait for new emulator version Sad
No, it's always going to be slow with some hardware.
Maybe 4 cores support would fix this problem, but will Dolhpin have this feature?
Nope.
(06-29-2012, 09:23 PM)Double D Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe 4 cores support would fix this problem, but will Dolhpin have this feature?

This has been discussed extensively before, and the answer remains the same. Dolphin will not support quad-cores (e.g. using 4 major threads as opposed to the usual 2 for CPU and video processing). The reasons are various, have a look at a thread called "Multithreading" in the Development forum or use the search feature. I just woke up, so I'm too tired to link to any specific discussion right now :p

BionicAndypoo

(06-28-2012, 01:56 AM)Double D Wrote: [ -> ]Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban finally works! But unlike Chamber of Secrets, it is lagging, game is slow, DSP LLE sound is terrible (also lagging). I tried changing some setting, but it's still slow. I'm using the newest wersion of Dolphin.
I also saw better graphic settings (antialiasing, resolution) doens't make game slower.

I realize this is an old thread, but HOW THE HECK did you get this to work?!?!
Pages: 1 2