Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin On iMac... is it good enough with Bootcamp and Windows 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Sorry if I sound like a noob but I was just wondering. Is my computer good enough to run Dolphin 100%? I have a Mid 2010 iMac running Bootcamp with Windows 7 64Bit. It has 4GB DDr3 Ram and ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card and intel i3 3.2 ghz processor. When I play dolphin now, it runs at decent speed but I just dont know if I have something configured wrong or what the problem is. Can someone help me out with the settings it should be at to run 100% if it can? And also, if i increase my RAM to 8GB, will it help with my emulation speed? Thanks.
Depends on the game , most games will run well if you use directx 9 back end (windows 7)
OpenGL is slow
Quote:Can someone help me out with the settings it should be at to run 100%
List the games you want to play . SMG 1&2 are no no no
Quote:if i increase my RAM to 8GB, will it help with my emulation speed?
Nope
(06-27-2012, 09:46 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the game , most games will run well if you use directx 9 back end (windows 7)
OpenGL is slow
Quote:Can someone help me out with the settings it should be at to run 100%
List the games you want to play . SMG 1&2 are no no no
Quote:if i increase my RAM to 8GB, will it help with my emulation speed?
Nope

The games I would like to play are Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros Melee for the most part.
Quote:Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
_Require "EFB copy to Ram" for the map , Hyrule Field slowdown (known issue)
LoZ TP should be playable . Don't expect full speed on Hyrule Field unless you have a better CPU
The GC version is less demanding
Quote:Super Smash Bros Melee
It should run full speed unless you play with your friend , multi-player/ 2-4 real players cause slowdown . The more (real) player your add the more slowdown you'll get
It's fine if you only play with 2-4 CPU (player)
(06-27-2012, 01:59 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
_Require "EFB copy to Ram" for the map , Hyrule Field slowdown (known issue)
LoZ TP should be playable . Don't expect full speed on Hyrule Field unless you have a better CPU
The GC version is less demanding
Quote:Super Smash Bros Melee
It should run full speed unless you play with your friend , multi-player/ 2-4 real players cause slowdown . The more (real) player your add the more slowdown you'll get
It's fine if you only play with 2-4 CPU (player)

So as long as I require efb copy to ram it will stop doing that map glitching thing? I really appreciate all of your help