Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My MBP and Dolphin 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ohlookzero

Hey everyone, I just got dolphin yesterday. I read it about some time ago and stumbled upon it and decided it would be a good way to play my old gamecube games since I can't find my control and play some wii games while my brother and sister play brawl. Tongue

But anyways Im using a Macbook Pro 13 inch here's the info

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

I've been reading compatibility list and thread and the games I'm trying, I see other people trying and there running them at full speed if not a little less.

Here's a list- super mario galaxy 2 runs anywhere from 20-50 percent.
super mario sunshine runs around 40-60 percent
sonic adventure battle 2 runs around 40-60 percent
zelda twlight princess for gamecube runs 40 percent, for the wii it runs less.
Windwaker runs from down to 20 percent to 70 percent
shadow the hedgehog runs from 40 to 70 percent
Sonic the black knight runs at 40 percent
luigis mansion runs pretty smoothly at around 70 percent and up, except one part so far it went down to 30 percent.

Now is this because my computer can't handle it? I'm a noob when it comes to specs, could I get a explanation please. Smile
Your CPU is pretty powerful, but the Intel HD Graphics 3000 bottlenecks it. Set the IR to 1x (the Wii's native resolution. sorry, no HD for you).

btw: Also try to run Dolphin trough Bootcamp. OS X is a litte bit slower (concerning Dolphin) than Windows 7. Wink

ohlookzero

It doesn't really bother me HD or not, I just want my games to run smoothly so I can enjoy them. I was just wondering why won't it run how others are running it? Especially the games that say run good even on a not so good computer. I never understood bootcamp if I needed windows 7 disk or not, I never looked into the process.
But thanks. Big Grin