Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can it run ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Spellsinger

Hi guys, I'm new here...

So, these are the specs of my laptop, and I wanna know if they can run GC/WII even in low settings. Someone to say, pretty please?

Sony VAIO

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series

CPU: AMD athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

4GB RAM

I'm using the newest revision of Dolphin with the recommended settings.

I tried 3 games:

Tales of SYmphonia- runs fine

Pikmin(Wii version) - In pause, menu screen runs at 60 fps; cutscenes runs at constants 30 fps, drops to 17-19 fps in-game.

Pikmin 2 - crashes in nintendo logo.
Get yourself a better laptop.
Indeed. This machine is weak.
Looks like he has a solid internet browsing laptop, that's about it.
(06-26-2012, 05:03 AM)Spellsinger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm new here...

So, these are the specs of my laptop, and I wanna know if they can run GC/WII even in low settings. Someone to say, pretty please?

Sony VAIO

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series

CPU: AMD athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

4GB RAM

I'm using the newest revision of Dolphin with the recommended settings.

I tried 3 games:

Tales of SYmphonia- runs fine

Pikmin(Wii version) - In pause, menu screen runs at 60 fps; cutscenes runs at constants 30 fps, drops to 17-19 fps in-game.

Pikmin 2 - crashes in nintendo logo.

cOOL at least you can run some games fine Wink

lol , i have a laptop even worse : toshiba satelite dualcore t8100 2times 2,10ghz 3gb mem with atihd3650 256 mb mem.

still , the only games i needed the Dolphin Emu for is for Resident Evil Remake (runs great), mariokart DD(runs great),starfox assault(runs great), Hulk ultimate destruction(about 80% of normal speed) , wave race blue storm(90% normal speed), soul-calibur 2(90% normal speed) and eternal darkness(90% normal speed).
Those games i can run just fine at max res of my laptop 1280*800 aa off and all else to max.
ONLY real letdown is that the amazing Fatal Frame 4 runs in slowmotion on my crappy laptop.
Anyway , i"m waiting for the gtx 680 m card in july to appear to buy a real game laptop.
will cost about 1800 Euros though.

Of course it will run. But very slow for most games. Some games could work "decently" though
I guess it depends how you are ready to play games : play them even slow, play them "decently", play them almost perfect, play them perfect with perfect sound, etc...