Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin GPU usage and CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing zelda twighlight, when I increase the settings for 16xQ CSAA AA and AF 16x at res 1920x1584 there is no effect on FPS, seems this part is processed by the GPU?

And I'd like to know what is the best choice CPU for dolphin on linux?

Right now I am using phenom 955 at 4ghz and GPU gtx580LE + 16GB ram but it has some slowdown in some parts, to be more specific in hyrule field, its pretty slow
sandy/ivybridge
(06-25-2012, 09:56 AM)killown Wrote: [ -> ]I am playing zelda twighlight, when I increase the settings for 16xQ CSAA AA and AF 16x at res 1920x1584 there is no effect on FPS, seems this part is processed by the GPU?

Yes, that stuff is GPU related. If you can increase Internal Resolution and Anti-Aliasing while maintaining fullspeed, (Anisotropic Filtering has a very negligible impact on the GPU, in my experience) that means your GPU is capable of handling those settings without bottlenecking your system.

Quote:And I'd like to know what is the best choice CPU for dolphin on linux?

The same ones for Windows. :p Go for the 2500K/3750K, and buy a mobo that supports real overclocking, and you should be set.

Quote:Right now I am using phenom 955 at 4ghz and GPU gtx580LE + 16GB ram but it has some slowdown in some parts, to be more specific in hyrule field, its pretty slow

Your CPU is the bottleneck, GPU is fine. Upgrade the CPU, definitely.