Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is my laptop too shit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

canaan

So I tried to run the New Super Mario Bros in Dolphin and it ran fine but after about half of a level it slowed right down (approx 60%) and was basically unplayable. I tried a bunch of graphics settings changes and it didnt seem to do much.

Is my laptop too crap?

I have a Dell XPS M1330
Intel Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz T8300
3GB Ram (I actually have 4gb, but the windows thing maxes at 3)
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS

thanks for your help Smile
I believe this thread is belong to hardware section
Quote:and it ran fine but after about half of a level it slowed right down
Your laptop CPU is overheating . Use "Realtemp" to check

canaan

(06-23-2012, 12:41 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this thread is belong to hardware session
Quote:and it ran fine but after about half of a level it slowed right down
Your laptop CPU is overheating . Use "Realtemp" to check

I think you may be right on this.
I ran realtemp and my idle was around 50c, then when I was playing the game it rose quickly up until it to to approx 80 - 80c and then the game started slowing down

sounds as though my CPU can't handle the stress of the game?
Clean the fan , replace old thermal compound with Arctic MX-4

canaan

(06-23-2012, 01:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Clean the fan , replace old thermal compound with Arctic MX-4

since i've never replaced the thermal on this laptop (ever) you might be onto something

thanks a lot admin89

Weird, 80 is still a normal temp for a laptop processor on load.
Yes, pretty normal.

I've never had CPU throttling although i get temps between 80-90 degree celsius Wink
75C is considered too hot for me . I have my CPU 70C on full load in order to keep it running 2.93Ghz when gaming
Idle : 1.3Ghz - 30C
At 80C the game will start slowing down
TJ Max : 105C
Quote:At 80C the game will start slowing down

Strange, my system don't want to throttle even if i reach temps about 95 degree celsius. (Tjmax is 100)
And your CPU clock speed at that time . 2.8Ghz ?
Pages: 1 2