Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my laptop be able to run dolphin and xenoblade well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Billa12

I want to know if my laptop can run Xenoblade chronicles at 1080p on dolphin? I assume I need a graphic card. What is the cheapest graphic card that runs the game at full speed at 1080p and where can you get a place to install the graphic card? Will the game run properly on dolphin? If I bought the game can you use the game on dolphin and how do you use it? If I missed any details on anything than let me know.

Here are the specs of my laptop

Processor Intel R Core TM i5
Cpu M 480 @ 2.67 GHz 2.67 GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.8 GB usable)

System type 64-bit Operating System

I have windows 7.
No , you can't install graphic card ona normal laptop
Either buy gaming laptop that has Nvidia GT 640M / AMD 7750M or build a gaming desktop
I don't think so.
First of all, higher resolution gaming is out of the question. Since you didn't mention a graphics card, I assume yours is integrated, which wouldn't run dolphin too well (especially on higher resolutions).
Secondly, you have a mobile processor with a relatively low clock speed. There is a test result with it on the wiki though - it claims to run the game at 20-25FPS, if that's enough for you.

Unfortunately, I doubt upgrading your GPU on a laptop is possible, so your only option is to purchase a more powerful PC.

Billa12

I meant video card instead of graphic card if that makes a difference.

Quote:I meant video card instead of graphic card if that makes a difference.

What?

In the modern world they are one and the same.

Billa12

I am naive when it comes to computers so excuse my ignorance.

I found my graphic card Intel R HD graphics
I'm afraid we'd already worked that out, so our advice to make do, or buy a new PC still stands. If you do, then may I recommend a desktop over a laptop, as it will be much cheaper to get a sufficient desktop, and you already have a laptop, so can still use that when you aren't at home.