Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I play my wii game disc onto dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dragoon

Hello! I am new to using emulators, and was curious, how do I play my monster hunter on dolphin? I have the purchased wii game, but have no idea how to put it into the emulator to play it. I do not approve of piracy and believe in supporting game developers in their games (being as I am trying to get a game design bachelors). So to sum it up: How do I play my Monster Hunter Tri that I purchased for wii on my emulator?
There are two ways, one involving only your computer, and the other involving the use of an actual game console. For the first, you'll need a special DVD drive and a program called RawDump if you don't want to use a console, check out the instructions here. Most of the drives are no longer manufactured anymore, so you might have to shop around on some sites before you find something compatible.

The more common way is to use a console like the Wii to dump your games. The easiest way I know is to use the Homebrew Channel to run CleanRip.

Dragoon

(06-21-2012, 01:25 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]There are two ways, one involving only your computer, and the other involving the use of an actual game console. For the first, you'll need a special DVD drive and a program called RawDump if you don't want to use a console, check out the instructions here. Most of the drives are no longer manufactured anymore, so you might have to shop around on some sites before you find something compatible.

The more common way is to use a console like the Wii to dump your games. The easiest way I know is to use the Homebrew Channel to run CleanRip.

Well I do have a wii and I've been playing monster hunter tri on it for ages... It's just lately I've been having to go to places with my laptop and I thought I could play my monster hunter tri on laptop instead of my wii. What is this clean rip and how do I get it if I may ask? And thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it!

Oh, wait. I didn't see the link! Thanks so much for the help, I'll look into it.