Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Odd xenoblade problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Breadache

Hey guys. Can you possibly help me troubleshoot please. I've been playing xenoblade, (Pal, SX4P01, 30fps patch) and never had any crashes for about 9 hours. This was a week ago, but when I play it today it's impossible for me to play for more than a few minutes before it freezes up (I have to close dolphin via task manager).

I've done all sorts of trials, here's some of the things I've tried.
Newer revisions
Disabled audio
Many experimental configs including native GFX and open GL.
Using configs downloaded specifically for this game (from this forum)
Deleting cache data
Updating video drivers
Reading up on all the problems other people have had (from this forum)

The version I'm currently using is Dolphin-3.0-508-gf30aebf XBHLE31 PresRes L102 x64 ICC compiled with the HLE hack, although the non ICC earlier version still crashed.

Interestingly, I've not been able to get it to crash while dual core is disabled. For the past 30 minutes it's been running fine. It's a shame, because I'd had it running perfectly with all features up to 11 for hours and I don't want to have to put up with a laggy 20fps(/30) from 1 core to keep playing this fine game. I'm not going to say it's CPU related, it's pointing to that certainly but I can also see frame limiting problems in this.

To note: I can usually call a crash because it's been proceeded with texture artifacts and lagging. I thought I'd post about this because I don't think anybody else has attributed crashes with the Dual core setting. So any ideas, any known fixes or has anybody else had this problem too and can attest?
As far as I know xenoblade did crash when I was playing it when it first got released in Europe,it was emulator problem and nothing could be done ( except disabling dual core like you did )
However devs did some work when last story was released,and I think they fixed this crashing bug. Build was called "fifo busy".
So either try to find this build or just try lastest dolphin,maybe it was included in master release,I am not sure ?
Does anybody know ?