Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance issues on high end computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shepard-Commander

Yesterday i purchased The last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles.I've tried the last story for a few minutes and the fps is kinda low.It runs at around 30 and can drop as low as 21 when there are lot's of things around.
My settings are the following:
JITIL Recompiler
DSP HLE emulation
Directx 11
1920x1080
Internal Resolution(Window size)
AF 16X
AA 8X
Scaled efb copy
Per pixel lightning
Hacks:
-EFB copies to texture( i don't seem to get that black texture glitch so there's no reason to put it to ram)
-OpenMp texture decoder
-Disable per pixel depth
and my specs are the following
[Image: 96353833.jpg]
Also running the latest 64bit version of dolphin

Is it supposed to run like that?Is the cpu not fast enough or something because can't oc more.I just can't hit stable 4.5Ghz no matter what i do and i don't want to set voltage higher than 1.4V because i am on air.

P.S:Thanks in advance.
The Last Story need i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
i7 920 @ 4.8GHz might be equivalent to i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz since dolphin does not benefit from Hyper Threading

Shepard-Commander

4.8Ghz!I can't do that not without watercooling at least.It would probably require an insane amount of voltage.
turn off anti alias and try this build, use dx9 if you have no problem of texture glitch (curious why you not having this common problem though)
save often too, cause older build tends to freeze often.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4h6uw191pysri1w
Shepard Wrote:-EFB copies to texture( i don't seem to get that black texture glitch so there's no reason to put it to ram)
That's because it is on RAM. The games ini file overrides the settings you set in Dolphin.

If you want more speed in The Last Story, read this post.

For more information on these specific games, check out the wiki and the game threads.

Shepard-Commander

Thanks for the replies.I will try that custom build on that thread and see what happens.
If it's going to run like that though then i'd rather wait and get a wiiu if it's backwards compatible.

Shepard-Commander

Even with that optimized build it runs terrible.I got to the first boss fight and the game averages at 18 fps making it completely unplayable for me.
I guess i either have to get a wii or an i7 3930K along with a new motherboard and ram.
Lol , overkill
i5 3570 stock speed will rape your i7 920 @ 4.0Ghz
If you overclock the i5 to 4.1Ghz , Last Story will run full speed
Dolphin use 2 cores , you have to overclock i7 3930K anyway
Sheperd, did you turn off AA?
Did you start the game with EFB Copies to RAM and switched to Texture in that battle?