Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this laptop good enough to run dolphin efficiently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chambleson

Aloha my name is Tony, sorry if this isn't the most interesting topic in the world. But who do I ask when I don't know if the hardware will be good enough. I ask the Dolphin forum of coarse. So here is the laptop i'm considering buying.

Eurocom Monster 1.0 (Clevo W110ER) 11" Matte Screen (1366x768)
i7-3920XM Mobile EXTREME Edition (2.90GHz-3.8GHz)
nVidia GT 650M 2048MB PCI-Express GDDR3 DX11
8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
512gb Crucial M4 Series Solid State Drive
Bluetooth 4.0

I would really apperciate if you guys would tell me how this laptop will peform on dolphin (i know it's not consistent, some games run better than others.)

This are the type of games I want to record and play:
LoZ Skyward Sword
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Metroid Prime 1-3
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1-2
LoZ Twilight Princess
LoZ Windwaker
Wario World

Those kind of games. I want to be able to run these games at 100% and record them at 720p for Let's Playing. I don't know to much about dolphin, but I think this little guy will do well on dolphin. But I would like to know from you guys before I drop 2k on this laptop. Thanks a bunch!
Super Mario Galaxy 1-2 may cause slowdowns and LLE audio stuttering, HLE audio will be faster but may cause issues.
New Super Mario Bros Wii may cause slowdowns due to EFBtoRAM needed for some coins to show up.

The other games, including Zelda SS, should run fine using HLE audio, almost fullspeed with minor slowdowns here and there.

Chambleson

(06-20-2012, 06:12 AM)etking Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Galaxy 1-2 may cause slowdowns and LLE audio stuttering, HLE audio will be faster but may cause issues.
New Super Mario Bros Wii may cause slowdowns due to EFBtoRAM needed for some coins to show up.

The other games, including Zelda SS, should run fine using HLE audio, almost fullspeed with minor slowdowns here and there.
thanks man, I'm sure i can work around the issues. And there is probably fixes in the works to make these games run better. So it's safe to assume that these specs are decent enough to do well on dolphin?
Quote:So it's safe to assume that these specs are decent enough to do well on dolphin?
As long as turbo boost work correctly : 3.6 GHz (for 4 active cores), 3.7 GHz (for 2 active cores) and 3.8 GHz (for 1 active core)
Sure , those specs are decent enough for 1080p or even higher