Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU Throttles FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

flamingtaco33

Recently I've been trying to get Twilight Princess (GC) to work. I'm using the newest revision and the recommended settings for that game. The problem is that my framerate never dips below 18 and never rises above 22, generally staying at 20. This is playable but a little annoying. The main reason this is a problem is that there is no change, positive or negative, when I change my graphics settings. I get the same FPS with 4x IR, 16x AF, and 9x SSAA as I do with 1x IR, 1x AF, and 0 SSAA. So clearly my GPU isn't the problem. I have a relatively slow CPU (2.9 ghz) which is normally offset by its 4 four cores. I have 8 gb of RAM and I only use 4 ingame. Is there anything I can do with changing my CPU or overclocking? (Not an option, I have an OEM motherboard) Specifically, can I make Dolphin somehow use all four cores or take some of the pressure off of the CPU and put it instead on my graphics card?
Settings for best speed -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

Quote:Specifically, can I make Dolphin somehow use all four cores or take some of the pressure off of the CPU and put it instead on my graphics card?

not possible.
But seriously... pcsx2 has a speed hack that uses 3+ Cores... I mean, wouldn't be a good idea for the devs to add something like this to dolphin? Huh
Unfortunately not possible. There were some discussion before.
I see...
Quote:Unfortunately not possible. There were some discussion before.

What the hell are you talking about? Dolphin already uses 3+ cores. What do you think LLE on thread does?
I know -.-

you don't habe to explain things that i already know.

Quote: pcsx2 has a speed hack that uses 3+ Cores

with 3+ he means 4 cores i think -> and this is really not possible. Everyone here know, that Dolphin uses 3 cores (if LLE on Thread is checked)