Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Loading .sav from windows version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

marjamrob

I have Pokemon XD Gale Of Night on OSX 10.7, my friend ripped it for me, and I am aware of the crash where it won't do the intro, so I loaded it in bootcamp, and when I saved the state it was a .sav, specifically I called it hi.sav. So I boot back up OSX, and I tried to lad it up, but it would freeze up, I think I am doing it wrong, I selected load saved state and found it in finder.

[Image: 9zwpE.png]
Save states are somewhat unreliable in Dolphin. Save states from different Dolphin revisions are often incompatible, even save states that use HLE audio as opposed to LLE audio will be incompatible. Your best bet when using different Dolphin revisions and different operating systems is to save via the emulated memory card.

I suggest you play Pokemon XD on Windows through bootcamp, get past the cutscene, and save normally as you would on a real GC as soon as possible. You can then copy your memory card file (in Dolphin's GC folder) over to OS X, or you can use Dolphin's Memcard Manager (look under Tools in the toolbar) to export your save as a .gci file, which you can import on OS X through the same menu in Dolphin. The first method is easier, but it wipes your old memory card with the one from Windows, the second method preserves your memory card on OS X because your only adding a single save to it, not replacing the whole file.

marjamrob

Ok, I did that, I got a memorycard.A.usa.raw file, and I opened it up in memory card manager, and got a .gci, how do I use that?
Sorry, I'm typing on my iPod, so I'm not as clear as I should be sometimes :p

Copy the .gci file over to OS X. In OS X, open Dolphin and use the Memcard Manager, like you did in Windows. Instead of Export CGI, select Import CGI and browse to the .cgi file you copied from Windows. This should put the save into the memory card on OS X. When you play Dolphin, you should be able to load the game normally like on a real GC.

marjamrob

Thank you for your help, I did what you said, but my game crashes at other parts too, so I went with just doing it on bootcamp.