Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pikmin wii lag water
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Playing Pikmin(Wii) on 3.0-692, the game generally runs at a steady 30 fps. But when olimar goes into water, or has large numbers of different Pikmin types, the framerate drops don by 5-10 fps.

Running with DSP-lle, D3D9 graphics
Before I answer your question (or at least try to),

What are your computer's specs?

Is this behavior new (as in did it work fine before and just now start having problems with the water)?
Dell XPS 15 8 GB Ram
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i7-2670QM @2.20 GHz (up to 3.10 w/ TurboBoost)
NVidia Geforce GT 525 m

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. The game runs just fine under any circumstance other that what I listed.
It's probably because those situations tend to be particularly demanding to emulate, and it makes sense. The water effects in the game would be more difficult to emulate than other land-based parts, and more Pikmin requires more work on your CPU to keep track of them all. A faster computer would help.
Well, ****, I just bought this one. Not much of an option. I was also under the impression that Pikmin did not require a high-end processor to run.
(06-19-2012, 10:58 PM)shinpichu Wrote: [ -> ]Well, ****, I just bought this one. Not much of an option. I was also under the impression that Pikmin did not require a high-end processor to run.

You might get better results if you use HLE audio (FPS-wise, sound might not be as good) since that's far less demanding on the CPU. Pikmin on the GC crashes, I think, with HLE. I'm not sure about the Wii version, but it never hurts to try.
That seemed to fix it. The wii version doesn't crash, but it causes all kinds of crackling.