Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question: X64 difference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am making alot of questions now aren't I?

Would Windows XP x64 work better than x32 (Fps wise?)

stgn

i've been told that it's much faster
(07-03-2009, 04:30 AM)stgn Wrote: [ -> ]i've been told that it's much faster

Downloading a copy right now. 30 minutes left :3
Another question relating to it.

I have 32 bit version of XP as well. Is it possible to upgrade to 64 bit without wiping my entire harddrive clean and having to reinstall everything?
(07-03-2009, 04:42 AM)Terranigma Freak Wrote: [ -> ]Another question relating to it.

I have 32 bit version of XP as well. Is it possible to upgrade to 64 bit without wiping my entire harddrive clean and having to reinstall everything?

Yes, You can have 2 partitions on the same hard drive. Like linux.
(07-03-2009, 04:42 AM)Terranigma Freak Wrote: [ -> ]Another question relating to it.

You have to do a fresh install.
(07-03-2009, 04:45 AM)Toad King Wrote: [ -> ]

You have to do a fresh install.

No, You do not. You can use a partition program to make 2 drives and use them both.
He asked if he can upgrade from 32bit to 64bit, in which case the answer is no...

You are right, he could dual boot 32 & 64bit at the same time although will have to reinstall everything from scratch on the 64 bit either way...
check out windows 7 x64 Wink
(07-03-2009, 05:34 AM)SickPuppy Wrote: [ -> ]He asked if he can upgrade from 32bit to 64bit, in which case the answer is no...

You are right, he could dual boot 32 & 64bit at the same time although will have to reinstall everything from scratch on the 64 bit either way...

Thanks for the answer. I knew about partitioning the harddrive, but that's kinda pointless and a waste of space. I mean, if I upgrade to 64 bit, there's really no point in keeping 32 bit.

As long as Dolphin continues to be developed and tweaked, I'm sure 32 bit will also get quite good performance one of these days.
Pages: 1 2