Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm rather new to dolphin and tried browsing the FAQ but couldn't find an answer so I'll simply upload a picture that pretty much describes my issue:

[Image: scaled.php?server=42&filename=gameul.png&res=landing]

How can I fix this issue? The game loads just fine but it is hard to see what's going on due to the options etc. gets stretched.

Thank you!
Quote: Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help.

Dolphin settings? And what game are you trying to play?
Dolphin is working just fine, the game I am trying to play is Trivial Persuit (Nordic - PAL). Just had a break in where my TV/Wii/Stereo was stolen but fortunately they didn't find my Wii games (morons) so I'm very keen on learning how to use this magnificent product.

I created an ISO from my original disc and loaded it in Dolphin, I followed quite a few video set up guides and with all that said, the game loads fine and I'm able to click the various options in the game but as you can see on the picture, the game menu/screen gets strechted and I have no idea of what is going on in there. Sound works just fine as well. Have I missed any settings or anyone got an idea of what to try?

*edit: the screenshot I took is from the screen where you are supposed to chose your language at the beginning of the game but as you can see, the flags/language options are kinda strechted.
I don't know what settings in Dolphin to provide but here are some suggestions:

Configuration -> Wii -> PAL Activated
Configuration -> General -> Dual Core Enabled/Idle Skipping Enabled/JIT Recompiler
Graphics CFG -> General -> Tried D3D9/D3D11 (Using ATI GPU) -> Also tried different resolutions
Graphics CFG -> Enhancements -> Internal Resolution -> Auto/1xNative/1.5xNative/and so on
Graphics CFG -> All currently disabled

Here are some more pictures:

It seems like the screen size is fine when the game is displaying initial videos, like this:
[Image: 2s01i87.png]

And when an ingame menu appears its like this:
[Image: 20zb2o2.png]

[Image: 14mc183.png]
Wouldn't you be using OpenGL? I've already obtained this kind of "tearing" with OpenGL
You had a break in? Sad That's terrible. I really hope everything's okay and that you're safe. Events like that are pretty unnerving, it happened to my Grandmother once, so I can empathize with your situation.

Alright, just checked the official Trivial Pursuit game thread over in the Game Discussion forum. Apparently, this is a known issue. When you click the Graphics button and go to the Hacks tab, try enabling EFB Copies, and set it to RAM. You might want to enable the cache too. Try this and see if it solves the graphical issue. The game may run slower with EFB Copies set to RAM, however.
(06-19-2012, 08:16 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't you be using OpenGL? I've already obtained this kind of "tearing" with OpenGL

I wouldn't be using OpenGL because that is only supported by Nvidia chips and ATI chips support D3D.

(06-19-2012, 10:42 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You had a break in? Sad That's terrible. I really hope everything's okay and that you're safe. Events like that are pretty unnerving, it happened to my Grandmother once, so I can empathize with your situation.

Alright, just checked the official Trivial Pursuit game thread over in the Game Discussion forum. Apparently, this is a known issue. When you click the Graphics button and go to the Hacks tab, try enabling EFB Copies, and set it to RAM. You might want to enable the cache too. Try this and see if it solves the graphical issue. The game may run slower with EFB Copies set to RAM, however.

I'm ok thank you very much, just a bit bummed that I wasn't home so I could have stopped it.

And THANK YOU so much, that did the trick! Works perfectly now Smile
Quote:I wouldn't be using OpenGL because that is only supported by Nvidia chips and ATI chips support D3D.

And what gave you that idea? OpenGL is called Open because it isn't really owned by anyone, unlike DirectX, which Microsoft owns. DirectX is therefore restricted to Windows, which is why all the Mac and Linux users are stuck with OpenGL. If DirectX was restricted to AMD cards, then how would you run Battlefield 3, or in fact any nearly PC game on a nVidia card. Also, if OpenGL was restricted to nVidia, then how would an AMD user run anything on Linux?
(06-19-2012, 11:44 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I wouldn't be using OpenGL because that is only supported by Nvidia chips and ATI chips support D3D.

And what gave you that idea? OpenGL is called Open because it isn't really owned by anyone, unlike DirectX, which Microsoft owns. DirectX is therefore restricted to Windows, which is why all the Mac and Linux users are stuck with OpenGL. If DirectX was restricted to AMD cards, then how would you run Battlefield 3, or in fact any nearly PC game on a nVidia card. Also, if OpenGL was restricted to nVidia, then how would an AMD user run anything on Linux?

You are right, OpenGL is an open source API. But my ATI chip was not very happy about me switching to it (screen started flashing). Thanks for your effort though!
As I said, I got it up and running.. BUT the FPS is almost unbareably low so I could use a few hints of how to tweak it.

I was looking for these settings according to the link provided above (the official TP thread):

Optimize Quantiziers: Enabled
Dynamic Recompilation: Enabled

Unfortunately I'm not really able to locate either of these options in the configuration windows (interface tab). Has it got something with my version of Dolphin to do or am I just looking in the completely wrong direction?

*edit: doubled the FPS by setting the external frame buffer to virtual, but it's still running a wee bit too slow.
Pages: 1 2