Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping GC BIOS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been searching the forum and the internet for days trying to figure out just how to dump the GameCube BIOS for use with Dolphin. I know it is not needed to run the emulator, I just would like to have it. I found one thread on these forums that asked how it could be done, but that was 2 years ago and no one responded.

MAIN QUESTION:
How do you dump the GC BIOS?

Thanks,

Axxer
Hax Big Grin
gcos can dump the ipl (bios) from a gamecube. Requires a way to run homebrew on the gamecube, and the ethernet adapter.
Thanks LPFaint99, I looked up how to set up everything and I might end up getting out my old GameCube and running GCoS (or however you capitalize it). I'm just wondering though if there is any way to just dump the BIOS/IPL file directly to an SD card on a memory card adapter rather than using the ethernet adapter... I'll look into it some more to see if there is another solution. I'll post something here if I find another solution, but I highly doubt it since the GC is so old.
If you want to dump your ipl.bin, then you should. I just wonder why you wanted to do that. There is no reason or benefit at all in having that file and using it with Dolphin. Just make sure it's worth the trouble in getting that dumped. Maybe you were expecting something from having that file, there is nothing special about having that file and using it with Dolphin.

You can mess around here, but there really is no reason to.

[Image: iplt.jpg]

(06-19-2012, 01:58 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to dump your ipl.bin, then you should. I just wonder why you wanted to do that. There is no reason or benefit at all in having that file and using it with Dolphin. Just make sure it's worth the trouble in getting that dumped. Maybe you were expecting something from having that file, there is nothing special about having that file and using it with Dolphin.

I know it is pretty useless, I just wanted to see the GC build up on my screen before every game again... Stupid, but it's always fun to get everything possible working.

I just don't know if I have the money to go out and buy the ethernet adapter (for dumping) along with an Action Replay and SD Gecko (for homebrewing the GC). Otherwise I would do it immediately.