Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rate my setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm really excited about dolphin and being able to run my skyward sword at 1080p.. well, 1050p Big Grin.

But I'm running on a laptop, a MBP to be exact. I do have bootcamp but I will have to repartition to allow more space for windows.

Here's my spec:
i7@ 2.2GHz (I7-2720QM)
8GB ram
128GB Wildfire SSD
ATi HD6750M (1GB GDDR5)
OS X/Windows 7 64 bit

I know it will run better on Windows because that's the main platform for Dolphin but will skyward sword run decently? Another benefit windows gives me is that I can overclock my GPU slightly on Windows side, while decreasing temps.. hehe Big Grin.

The only game I've tested so far is SSBB and at 2x Native and 16x Anisotropic filtering I can get it locked at 60 FPS. Still waiting to backup Skyward Sword.
Quote:i7@ 2.2GHz

Which i7? Can you give us the full name?
Sorry, had to do some googling for this one. I7-2720QM, updated original post.
Ah, nice CPU Big Grin Skyward Sword should be very playable.

I have nearly the same exact setup – probably the same MacBook Pro model – only my laptop doesn't have the SSD, it just has a basic HDD. On the Mac OS X side of things I wasn't really able to get very good performance out of Wii games on Dolphin 3.0, but the Windows 7 side works MUCH better. I haven't tried SS quite yet but I noticed a considerable speed bump on Windows 7 in other games. It should be fine.

My computer:
2.2GHz Core i7 Quad-Core (Sandy-Bridge)
8GB RAM
750GM 5400RPM HDD
AMD (ATI) Radeon HD 6750M (1GB GDDR5 VRAM)
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, dual boot to Windows 7 64 bit

I would be stunned if your computer runs any differently than mine.
Thanks for the comments.

I get about 20-30 FPS on SS at x2.5. With x16 anisotropic, with no AA and with skip EFB access. Not sure if that's good or not but I havent really messed with the settings yet. Axxer LMK what you get when you have the chance to try SS please.
(06-19-2012, 07:47 PM)arashb Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the comments.

I get about 20-30 FPS on SS at x2.5. With x16 anisotropic, with no AA and with skip EFB access. Not sure if that's good or not but I havent really messed with the settings yet. Axxer LMK what you get when you have the chance to try SS please.

Sorry it took me forever to respond, I've been busy. My computer isn't running Wii games all that well right now (it looks like its overheating and Turbo boost is turning off) but I'll try to post something tonight.