Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Doesn't start.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Jogita6

Okay so I downloaded Dolphin 3.0 32-bit and was gonna play Kirby Air Ride, but when I pressed the Play button, the game didn't even start.

All it shows is this in the game window in yellow words:

[color=#FFD700] Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz
GenuineIntel, 2 cores (2 logical threads per physical core), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, HTT

E:\/(game).gcm
Clearing code cache
Dolphin OpenGL Video Backend.
Video Info: NVIDIA Corporation, GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2, 3.3.0[/color]

I'm assuming that this issue is because of the CPU, but I do not know for sure.

System Specs:

[color=#000000]GPU[/color]: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 500MB
[color=#000000]CPU[/color]: Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHz
[color=#000000]RAM[/color]: 4GB
[color=#000000]HDD[/color]: 200GB Free Space
[color=#000000]OS[/color]: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
[color=#000000]Dolphin Version[/color]: 3.0-692

Yes I am aware that a Pentium 4 is a crappy processor. I do not (yet) have the cash to buy a Core 2 Quad.

So is this issue because of a crappy processor? Or is it something else?
Well, your Pentium 4 isn't too good for Dolphin, but it still should play (just not very well). Your CPU supports SSE2, so you should be able to run it. The black screen sounds like a bad dump. Try redumping your game from the original disc.

Jogita6

(06-18-2012, 09:17 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, your Pentium 4 isn't too good for Dolphin, but it still should play (just not very well). Your CPU supports SSE2, so you should be able to run it. The black screen sounds like a bad dump. Try redumping your game from the original disc.

You are correct, I tried it on my Mac (Which has a Intel Core 2 Duo) and I've gotten the exact same error.
Alright, I shall try redumping it.

EDIT: I tried Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Unleashed. Both work, but they were tested on my Mac (Still very slow). I'm assuming though it will still work for Windows.

Mac Specs:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
Memory: 4GB Ram
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

Don't think there is a possible way to upgrade your Mac specs though, so I'm stuck with Mac.
I have the same problem with Pokemon Colosseum it says pokemon in red then the screen goes black and doesn't change. also on start up the yellow words appear and fade away with the pokemon sign.
Redump your game.

Or try to use LLE.
(06-21-2012, 04:53 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Redump your game.

Or try to use LLE.

how do i redump? im new at this
how do i use LLE[/align]
(06-21-2012, 10:54 AM)alwolfer Wrote: [ -> ]how do i use LLE

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103
thanks ExtremeDude2 i used one of yours and now its working! XD
Pages: 1 2