Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Not concerned about perfect play...BUT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bloodlvst

So I'm not concerned about perfect play, but just had a few questions.

I've been working on a little breakbox project involving old controllers. I now have a setup where I can use all original controllers (All Nintendo consoles, as well as PS1/2) with a PC (YES! Big Grin)

However, instead of making it an interface box like I initially planned, I've decided to make it a completely self contained unit (basically an all-in-one console with no need to drag around carts/discs with it). Anythign I plan on building spec-wise will be able to handle everything but GC/Wii as it seems Dolphin is a little demanding. Most of the GC/Wii games played on it would be multiplayer/party games anyway. With that in mind, what should I expect for a good experience. Not looking for 100% speed all the time but something decent.

It seems like SMG1/2 is the gold standard around here. If what I build will run those games decently, should I expect to not have too many issues running other games?

Knowing that Dolphin doesn't do much past 2 cores, I'm likely thinking a Core i5 2120, with a capable video card (HD6850/70), unless I can get my hands on a beefier proc.

What are your thoughts?
If you can get a 2500K and overclock it with a decent air cooler that would be much better. Otherwise what you have planned is pretty good.
NV Wrote:If you can get a 2500K and overclock it with a decent air cooler that would be much better.
This. Get the 2500K.
I'd say go for ivybridge, but some people have reported strange resaults so I'd say sandybridge.