Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to get back Saves after using Wii Scrubber ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SyZe

Hi, first of all thanks for the emulator, and the forum for information.

I recently discovered Wii Scrubber, i use it to save space on my hard drive, because the application allow to compress my game backup and they still are playable.

It's very usefull for games with few data, for exemple New super mario bros. is no longer 4,37 gigas on my computer but only 356 Mo !

The problem i have is that my savegame is no longer "attached" to the game (it's like Dolphin can't recognise it's still the same game)

I try exporte and importe savedatas but it's not working. Does anyone would have a solution to my problem ?

Thank you.
You can use Dolphin's compressor instead. Otherwise it might work putting the save files over to the new save folder (if the game can still save successfully). Right click the game in Dolphin and choose "open save file location".
Work out the new six character game ID and change the old one to the new one on the save file.

Alternatively use dolphin's built in compressor, which shouldn't do this.

SyZe

Thanks guys for anwering so fast Wink

@KHRZ
I already did that, and now i know the both isos have the same save folder (and create new save didn't overwrite the old save for the first iso ?!?).

@AnyOldName3
Good idea i checked but both version have the same number.

I don't know much about Dolphin's compressor, i think i will try it.
Did you remove the update partition? if so try a more recent version of dolphin, iirc 3.0 uses a hardcoded address for the titleid (in dev/es for saves) which could be the cause of this.

SyZe

The update partition in Dolphin ? i don't have one.
On another post i see you already telling exporte savegame don't go well with 3.0 release,
maybe i'll try a newest version but Dolphin compressor work great so i think i'll stick to it.

Thank you guys.
(06-15-2012, 08:44 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you remove the update partition? if so try a more recent version of dolphin, iirc 3.0 uses a hardcoded address for the titleid (in dev/es for saves) which could be the cause of this.

removing the update partition does not break saves
using a tool known to corrupt game disks on the other hand......
(06-15-2012, 10:11 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2012, 08:44 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you remove the update partition? if so try a more recent version of dolphin, iirc 3.0 uses a hardcoded address for the titleid (in dev/es for saves) which could be the cause of this.

removing the update partition does not break saves
using a tool known to corrupt game disks on the other hand......

it previously did, in /dev/es the offset for the gameid used to be hardcoded from the start of the disc (which only was valid for discs with the game partition as partition 1) otherwise it would use essentially garbage data for the titleid (if there was no update partition before the game partition).
at some point this was corrected to use a relative offset from the start of the current partition

SyZe

Ok,

I come back tomorrow, my purpose is to win space on hard drive, i stored my Wii but still playing my games in HD with Dolphin, forums in french (borned language) are really far from here.

I'll stay here from now on, i came back with a great post soon.

Thanks for your time.