Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Opening Movie Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Godlylegato

as title says. The rest of the game works 100% perfectly. I've looked up settings for it and everything is peachy/configured.....except for the opening movie/fmv movies. The audio skips with them and I've tried dozens of config's.

I've dumped my audio files (which made path of radiance's sound work perfectly) but radiant dawn still skips during the cutscene movies. It isn't a huge issue but just something that I find extremely annoying.

again to reiterate, everything else works perfect. The narrator's voice during start of chapter's work just fine, but the little cutscene music with the fire emblem screen skips, also the full screen movies at the end of chapters, but Nothing else. <_< i'm really at a loss. I've been searching the web for two days now trying to find a solution.

Also, yes i'm using the latest version of dolphin, directx, drivers, everything is up to date on my pc and I have more than enough specs to run dolphin to its fullest.

I'm just really flustrated so any help would be appreciated.
What do your settings look like? Click on the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Lastly click on the DSP button. Those should be all of the settings we need from you.

Also, fill out your PC specs properly. It might be the case that this one particular spot is simply too demanding for your PC (it happens). For example, my rig handles Tales of Symphonia great, 55-60 FPS, but it'll consistently choke on the intro movie, no matter what I try.

Godlylegato

(06-15-2012, 12:54 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]What do your settings look like? Click on the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Lastly click on the DSP button. Those should be all of the settings we need from you.

Also, fill out your PC specs properly. It might be the case that this one particular spot is simply too demanding for your PC (it happens). For example, my rig handles Tales of Symphonia great, 55-60 FPS, but it'll consistently choke on the intro movie, no matter what I try.

PC specs:

Windows Xp Professional service pack 3

Quad Core 3.20 Ghz 4gb of ram

Dual ATI radeon HD 4800 series 1gb vid cards crossfired

Dolphin 3.0 win 32

Dolphin Info:

General tab:

Basic:
Backend: direct 3d9
adapter ati radeon hd 4800 series

Display:
Fullscreen Reso 1360x768
Aspect Ratio Force 16:9
v-sync/use fullscreen unchecked

Other:
show fps checked, everything else unchecked

Enhancements Tab:
internal resolution: auto (window size)
Anti-aliasing: none
Anisotropic filtering 1x
Scaled EFB copy checked, everything else unchecked

Hacks tab:

Skip EFB acces from cpu: unchecked
Ignore Format Changes: checked

EFB Copies: set to texture

Texture Cache: middle

External Frame Buffer: Disable checked

Other:
Disable Per-pixel depth, openMp texture decoder: both checked,
everything else unchecked.

DSP:

DSP Emulator Engine: set to DSP HLE emulation (fast)

Enable DTK music: checked
Enable Audio Throttle: Checked
nothing else checked

Backend Settings:

Audio Backend: Xaudio2
Sample Rate 48000Hz

Still having the same problem with the movies cracling like mad.
(12-02-2012, 10:25 PM)Godlylegato Wrote: [ -> ]Quad Core 3.20 Ghz

Could you tell us which processor it is exactly?

1- Your processor might not be powerful enough to sync/display audio in cutscenes.
2- Using LLE would help you but a powerful CPU is needed here too
Did you try LLE sound ?

EDIT : Didnt see LordVador already suggested it Smile
Also make sure to enable "lle on thread" as well.

Godlylegato

ope my bad: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955

it's been over 5 months and maybe i'm just mistaken, but I swear that at one time I had the CS movies running without crackling then I changed something. Or maybe I'm just outside my mind lmao.

Also could I get any recommendations for an extremely powerful processor? I'm going to get a new pc for myself this christmas and I might as well aim for the top tier (or close to) specs.
(12-02-2012, 10:59 PM)Godlylegato Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Phenom™ II X4 955

Try to overclock

Godlylegato

UGH now I see what happened, I had a bad iso copy of radiant dawn.

I deleted the one that I had and got another one and the opening movies/cutscenes all work flawlessly <_< sorry to waste your time guys!