Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Buying hardware...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just bought a i5 3570k and a hd 6750 ddr5.
I'll use a 120gb ssd.
W7 x64.
The motherboard will be a z77. Don't know witch one yet.

I just want to play resident evil remake and donkey kong returns on dolphin.

This will be enough?
The lucid logic MVP will be usefull on dolphin games? Huh
I don't wanna overclock my pc for now.

Sorry my English... I'm brazilian
The CPU is enough for this games, they'll run fine.

If you want to play more demanding games, like SMG 1/2, The Last Story, Xenoblade etc. you have to overlock your CPU.

btw: Nice setup Smile
I don't think you have to OC for Xenoblade with a 3570k.

Also, can I recommend getting a smaller SSD plus a traditional hard drive. Basically, SSDs have limited write cycles, so if you write data to them, then delete it, or move it etc. it can shorten their life. If the SSD is the only drive, and you aren't really careful, then it can lead to problems in a couple of years. You basically want to put things like large files (such as movies and .isos), as well as software which needs updating regularly on a hard drive to get more years from the SSD.
I think it's probably a gimmick, so if you're paying extra to get it, you'll probably see a better increase in the things it enhances by buying a better GPU with the money you save by not buying lucid logic virtu.
This is new! A type-delete. not a type-post.
(06-14-2012, 09:59 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The CPU is enough for this games, they'll run fine.

If you want to play more demanding games, like SMG 1/2, The Last Story, Xenoblade etc. you have to overlock your CPU.

btw: Nice setup Smile

Thanks man!

So my video board is ok? I'll can play in 3x normally?

Anyone knows about the Lucid Logic Virtu MVP?

Huh
(06-14-2012, 10:40 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you have to OC for Xenoblade with a 3570k.

Also, can I recommend getting a smaller SSD plus a traditional hard drive. Basically, SSDs have limited write cycles, so if you write data to them, then delete it, or move it etc. it can shorten their life. If the SSD is the only drive, and you aren't really careful, then it can lead to problems in a couple of years. You basically want to put things like large files (such as movies and .isos), as well as software which needs updating regularly on a hard drive to get more years from the SSD.
I think it's probably a gimmick, so if you're paying extra to get it, you'll probably see a better increase in the things it enhances by buying a better GPU with the money you save by not buying lucid logic virtu.
This is new! A type-delete. not a type-post.

I'll use a traditional hd as well, thanks for the tip!

Anyone knows about the Lucid Logic Virtu MVP?

Huh
Yes, that GPU should be good 3X IR, according to the Minimum GPU Specs thread, so you'll be able to play games in HD.
Anyone knows about Lucid Virtu MVP on dolphin?

Huh
As I said, it's probably either a gimmick, or will need dolphin to be specifically optimised for it to get the GPU boosts it claims to offer.
(06-15-2012, 06:16 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, it's probably either a gimmick, or will need dolphin to be specifically optimised for it to get the GPU boosts it claims to offer.

Got it!
I hope dolphin get this feature soon.
(06-15-2012, 02:45 AM)Cams8114 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows about Lucid Virtu MVP on dolphin?

Huh

Lucid MVP Virtu technology is a standalone feature, therefore when you play Dolphin it's automaticly enabled by the driver software that you've downloaded for it. Lucid MVP gives you ~15-30% better framerates, although I don't have any experience yet since I'm not yet running a discrete GPU just the HD 4000.

If you're planning on overclocking, by this I mean you're definetily going to overclock either in the future or as of this time get a motherboard with at least a 8+ 4 Power Phase design. This will extend the life of your CPU by giving it fresh and enough Volts. Make sure you get a nice aftermarket heatsink and install a few casefans.

If you're not planning on overclocking ever ever. Get a h77/b75 board, throw in a nice GPU and a NON-K processor saving a few bucks. Save your money on the heatsink and stick with the stock one.

Hope I've helped you a little.
However this dolphin recommends overclocking.

[Imagine a picture of a cute dolphin. Apparently I can imagine much cuter dolphins than Google can supply me with. If I really could be bothered I'd paint one for this post, but it would take days.]
Pages: 1 2