Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some Games Run Great, Others Not So Much.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have an i5 2500k (stock, not OC'd), 12 GB DDR3 and a 560Ti in my rig. I am using the latest Dolphin x64 with the DirectX 11 plugin.

I can play mostly everything perfectly or with small hiccups. The only two games I have come across that give me issues are The Last Story and Skyward Sword.

The Last Story slows to about 50% when I have my full party fighting or when I am in a town. Skyward Sword runs sloppy through out.

I am not sure if I have some setting enabled that is killing me, or that my hardware can't take it.

I can overclock my CPU to about 4.5GHz, but I need to go buy a new heatsink. I also have another 560Ti I can SLi, but that requires a new PSU.

Both of these things are cheap, but I don't feel like doing it unless I know I will see results.

What do you guys recommend?
50% in The Last Story? That's very low, even for stock clocks.
Skyward Sword should run pretty good from what I've heard/seen. (Only played a little with stock, then played a bit more OC'd)

What are your settings?

The best thing you can do is overclock that CPU. 4.5GHz will gain you a lot of FPS.
(06-14-2012, 08:39 AM)YoshiFtJ Wrote: [ -> ]I also have another 560Ti I can SLi, but that requires a new PSU.

What do you guys recommend?

SLI will give you absolutely no performance benefit in dolphin and may actually LOWER performance depending on the game and resolution.

If you want it for PC gaming, go right ahead, I guess.Undecided
Quote:Skyward Sword should run pretty good from what I've heard/seen. (Only played a little with stock, then played a bit more OC'd)

SS should definitely be running fullspeed all the time on his hardware assuming his settings are correct.

It never goes lower than 70% on my rig and his setup should be around 75% faster than mine (putting his expected minimum speed at around 122.5%).
My PC games run fine, no need to SLI. I guess I will buy a decent heatsink to OC.

Settings are pretty standard. 3x resolution with as at 1x and the other one set to off. I can't think of anything else that would affect performance, I must be overlooking something.
Just post your Dolphin settings (as screenshots pls) and we'll help you
Last story is very demanding you are close to perfomance you should be getting ( minimum I saw on 2400 is 18 fps-which is I think 60-65% speed )
Problem is latest builds are slowest. Try using older revision for more speed
And when I say older,I mean really older. I finished the game with r65xx.
Was getting 25 fps on the same place I was getting 18 fps with latest revision
You said you were using the DX11 backend. If possible use the DX9 one as it is faster. The DX11 one's main benefit is that some games work in it which don't in DX9.
Quote:Problem is latest builds are slowest. Try using older revision for more speed

Right, but the newer builds are only slower because they're more accurate than the older builds.

Usually:
old builds -> faster, less accurate
new builds -> slower, more accurate.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zs7gpl.jpg

I actually have a 550Ti, sorry about that.
Pages: 1 2 3