Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What does stand "JITIL" for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LoOnySsTaR

Hey there I just wanted to know what's the shortcut "JITIL" standing for? I've googled it before but there where no sensemaking hits.

THX

cmccmc

it uses a faster yet less stable core
Just In Time/Immediate Load

cmccmc

I read the post wrong
Il is intermediate language, not immediate load.
(07-03-2009, 02:04 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]Il is intermediate language, not immediate load.

Why should it use a intermediate language? Compiling the Gamecube code to a intermediate language, then running this or what? Doesn't really make sense... It would need two compilers then
What
Thanks for bumping a 2 year old thread with a pretty stupid post.

IL DOES stand for Immediate Language, believe it or not, but that's exactly what it's doing.
(07-05-2011, 12:45 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for bumping a 2 year old thread with a pretty stupid post.

IL DOES stand for Immediate Language, believe it or not, but that's exactly what it's doing.

I misread that it was two years old.

I'm sorry, but I really wanted to know the specifics. Never was it clarified really. I will have to check the source for what it really does, since there's no explanations to be found here, it seems.