Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Baldur's Gate-Dark Alliance Graphics are NOT displayed properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I Launch Baldur's Gate-Dark Alliance with Dolphin any rev. AFTER SVN 2195 and go down to cellar with spellcaster character, I should be able to see torches on the walls with flames AND the status bars near the top showing health & magic levels. INSTEAD status bars are now gone, but can see torches & spell effects. IF you use the ZTP Bloom hack (problem started with ALL builds that got rid of the R844 & R945 hacks) then status bars appear, but torches & other spell effects disappear.

Tried ALL major SVN's after 2195, SVN 2766 being the latest, every one that has ZTP Bloom Hack does NOT work properly. R844 hack was necessary in order for BG Dark Alliance to work right. This is using Win32 versions on Windows XP, dual core.

When is this GOING to be FIXED since it WASN'T BROKEN before!? auuughh! Hopefully this should be as simple as placing the R844 hack BACK into the OGL plugin? Thanks!
I can provide screenshots if necessary.
So there is no genius among you that knows WHY the R844 hack was taken out and replaced by a generic and INEFFECTIVE ZTP Bloom hack? Or is everyone to busy mashing their joysticks on SSBM? Tongue
Most of the projection issues were fixed. But not every part. Seems caused this game also.
(04-12-2009, 04:20 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the projection issues were fixed. But not every part. Seems caused this game also.

Anyone know if this needs to be fixed in the SVN build itself or just have the OpenGL plugin to be updated? Anyone know if that is a possibility with the developers within this year? Thanks! NOt being able to see spell effects sucks! Not seeing when your characters health bar is about to reach zero, truly doth sucketh!!
Doesn't anyone know how to program anymore?! This was WORKING before, and now it's broken. How hard can it be to put back the R844 switch that made this work CORRECTLY before?! Or is there some unwritten law of programming that says you can only have TWO hacks/switches in the OGL plugin? Big Grin
(05-09-2009, 11:27 AM)patcclvg Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't anyone know how to program anymore?! This was WORKING before, and now it's broken. How hard can it be to put back the R844 switch that made this work CORRECTLY before?! Or is there some unwritten law of programming that says you can only have TWO hacks/switches in the OGL plugin? Big Grin

If this game worked correctly before why don't you simply use the older version of dolphin or just copy the Plugin_VideoOGL plugin from the old build into the newer version.

cmccmc

(05-10-2009, 03:03 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2009, 11:27 AM)patcclvg Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't anyone know how to program anymore?! This was WORKING before, and now it's broken. How hard can it be to put back the R844 switch that made this work CORRECTLY before?! Or is there some unwritten law of programming that says you can only have TWO hacks/switches in the OGL plugin? Big Grin

If this game worked correctly before why don't you simply use the older version of dolphin or just copy the Plugin_VideoOGL plugin from the old build into the newer version.
genius Smile
(05-10-2009, 03:10 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2009, 03:03 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]

genius Smile

lol i just thought it was common sense Tongue

RndUser

I just tested the game with the old build 2195 and regardless which hacks I enable or disable, I never see the status bars AND magic effects/glowing lanterns (I'm in the level "Thieves' Guild").
(05-16-2009, 11:49 AM)RndUser Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested the game with the old build 2195 and regardless which hacks I enable or disable, I never see the status bars AND magic effects/glowing lanterns (I'm in the level "Thieves' Guild").

did you turn on the R Projection hacks? cause thats the reason why they were visible as stated in the first post
Pages: 1 2