Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: So, can I run this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Anubis90

Hey,

I'm new here and I have never tried to run a wii game on my computer, but I would like to know if I could. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i3-370M @2.40GHz (4CPUs)
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M 1GB dedicated
RAM: 6GB DDR3

I know they are kind of underwhelming, it's a laptop that's kind of old...

Anyway I wanted to know if I would be able to play:

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Smash Bross Brawl
Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade Chronicles

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys.

Thanks in advance =)
You can technically run them all, but not at full speed. Out of that list, your best chance is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Try this. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618
You need to overclock processor
Not possible ! He's using a laptop
Well,when I think about it,you are right its probably not best advice,since overclocking laptops are best left to experience users.
Its posible,but more complicated and more risk involved then oc desktop.
You probably can't do it via bios,you need to do it via windows app,I think they are called setfb and systool. ( they are probably others )
Main problem is the heat-you cant change cooler and its not good anyways,you can only overclock a little bit

Anubis90

Hmmm... That's what I thought. Well thanks, guys.

I guess I'm gonna stick to my Wii for now, I'm thinking of buying an Alien desktop so maybe in a little while I'll be able to play this.

Thanks!
Anubis90 Wrote:I'm thinking of buying an Alien desktop
Waste of money. Most of the Alienware desktops have crappy hardware in them and are overpriced.
I suggest you build a PC yourself. That means picking the components, or if you don't have the knowledge, feel free to ask here.
Mention your budget, and preferred website for purchasing your goods.
(06-13-2012, 05:19 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Anubis90 Wrote:I'm thinking of buying an Alien desktop
Waste of money. Most of the Alienware desktops have crappy hardware in them and are overpriced.

So they're macs Big Grin
Err, yup.
(06-13-2012, 05:54 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Err, yup.

Seconded.
Alienware sucks.

Build your own.
Pages: 1 2