Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: multiplayers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
it's system supported but is it really efficient to play?

have someone tested it on different games?

now I tried with "timesplitter 2" (best fps ever ;-) ), and in single-player run perfectly.
instead, two players gaming take down the frame-rate, and the game results unplayable.

solution? advice?
More players = slower game
and this is understandable...but...a pc capable to run battlefield on high definition has problem to emulate (i know GC is a dedicated system) an hardware-software 8-10 years old?
(06-12-2012, 08:17 AM)nemesi373 Wrote: [ -> ]and this is understandable...but...a pc capable to run battlefield on high definition has problem to emulate (i know GC is a dedicated system) an hardware-software 8-10 years old?

I think that comment must be included in the ignorant PC users handbook somewhere as just about everyone who ever comes here says that. That kind of thinking is wrong, emulation is much more complicated.

i'm not an ignorant pc users, I know perfectly that emulation is a different thing (for that I said something about the GC dedicated system).

I said that to underline the problem: if a recent pc with an almost recent hardware can't emulate with perfection an hardware 10 years old, there is a "problem" (if we would call it like this) in the code, in the emulator and in pc's resources management. or not?
and it's for that my first sentence was: "is supported but it's really efficient"? with this i'm asking if anyone can play an adequate multiplayer...'couse if this is a privilege of gods, there's something doesn't work.

with this i don't want to criticize at all the dolphin emulator, 'couse is a great project, I love the open source engineering process (I studied "banking information systems") and I deeply respect the developers work...but my problem, was an other!
(06-12-2012, 08:47 AM)nemesi373 Wrote: [ -> ]I said that to underline the problem: if a recent pc with an almost recent hardware can't emulate with perfection an hardware 10 years old, there is a "problem" (if we would call it like this) in the code, in the emulator and in pc's resources management. or not?

not
and so what?

the gamecube was made by aliens? is a silicon being?
if it's not a problem of resources managment (in the code) what is it? recent PCs have got too few resources?

it's easy to reply yes or not...the hard it's explain the way.
I don't want to create a squabble...i've only asked if someone can play the multiplayer
It's already been explained countless times. Your best bet is to not argue this point and to just ask for whatever game related help you need.
thanks.

so, i refurmulate the question: I'm "playing timesplitters 2" single player perfectly.

a couple of hours ago I tried for the first time the multiplayer (2 gamers); in the menĂ¹ is working like ever, but during the game the frame rate collapses (it's not continuous, the volatility of the problem is high)
dolphin is set just like this:
disabled dual core (it's crashing with gpu during the game)
fps limit: auto
openGl working with GT 540M
fullscreen enable 1366x768
V-sync enable
internal-resolution auto
antialiasing 16xQ Csaa
anisotropic filter 16x

what can I do? disable EFB copies? now are setted on "Trama". what's the difference with RAM?

thanks a lot for help
Try these settings? http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

I'm able to run TimeSplitters 2 multiplayer above 100% on a much weaker system than you, something must be wrong somewhere.

[Image: Mrpsf.jpg]
Pages: 1 2