Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: best configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone,

I got a problem, with my pc configuration (i5, 4gb ram, nvidia gt 540m) some games (like "zelda wind waker" or "tales of symphonia" tend to slow just when in the game appear fogs or light)

I do not know how to set my dolphin 3.0 to work at best. if it is better to use openGL, directX11 or 9.
on the other hand, games like "twilight princess" run almost perfectly, so i don't know how to do.

I had seen that using directX11 the games runs slightly better than with openGL but not with twilight princess for example.

perhaps I have to change game-by-game the configuration becouse doesn't exist "the configuration" all game compatible?

thanks for support
Quote:perhaps I have to change game-by-game the configuration because doesn't exist "the configuration" all game compatible?

That's it. Some settings are useful for some games. Some settings are not.
DX9 is usually better. Some games may need DX11 (or even OpenGL) to work correctly etc.

Btw what's your processor? i5 2410M?
i5 ??? (i5 430m , i5 560M , i5 2410M ....)
Did dolphin make use of Nvidia GT 540M or the Intel HD 3000
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=20864
Check CPU clock speed and temperature with "Realtemp" when running dolphin
sorry, i5-2430m (2.4ghz)

yes, dolphin uses the gt 540 not the HD (i've set this in dolphin config and in nvidia control panel too, indeed when game is running the GPU nvidia activity show that gpu is used by doplhin)

before, i've had disabled the illumination and the fog, but it runs worse, so I reactivated them, set "not force to 16:9" with v-sync, 16xQ CSAA anti-aliasing and anisotropic filter 16x in openGl seems to run well!

what sounds me weird is that i've to limit fps (auto) 'couse if i don't the game runs at double speed, but in some moments (fog and illumination) the speed goes down on 25 fps too. so switch by 60fps to 25fps.

what's the "MITMAPS"?
and the difference in EFB between RAM (with cache) and Trama?
sorry, "MIPMAPS"