Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I have a few questions/problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

alienfish

Well I guess my first question is: Is it possible to run Gamecube games with on-board graphics? I am using my laptop and it does not have a graphics card, it only has on-board graphics. The on-board allows for up to 1.79 gigabytes of dedicated memory (of the 4 GB in the laptop). It can run games like Team Fortress 2 pretty well. The second half of my question is, can onboard support OpenGL. When I have my graphics plugin set to OpenGL I get an error related to the OpenGL renderer. If I choose Direct3D as the plugin, the game doesn't even load properly and gets stuck. Is it just not doable on my computer or is there something I'm missing?
Is your DX3D plugin default one?
On-board chips are not going to cut it with Dolphin.
only intel's onboard chips can't. The 780g from dammit does quite well. Also the intergrated 6150 does a half decent job. Hopefully intel can fix that with larabee.

alienfish

It defaults to OpenGL, but like I said that gives me an error so I was playing around with both. Unfortunately I am running Intel so by the sounds of the other 2 replies, I'm pretty much out of luck. Is that a fair assessment?