Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New System Setup Advice Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

niocera

Not yet a Dolhin user but re-building my HTPC i want to integrade my Wii in to it..saves another device in the livingroom.

For it being a HTPC first i'm looking for a system with low energy usage so i prefer an integrated GPU.
As said i did't play with Dolphin yet but on the Wii we mostly play the simple sports en resort games. Tennis with the two of us, bowling, tabletennis that kind of games. We use it to game together for single player gaming i use the Xboxcontroller.

The system i'm looking to buy:
AMD a8-3870k
Asus F1A75-M PRO
Corsair 1600 8 or 4 GB kit

This more than good enough for HTPC usage, ok for gaming if not in highest settings but how wil simple Wii emulating go on a system like this?
And is multiplayer more difficult for the GPU of CPU?
Depends how demanding the game is, but right now multiplayer (2-4 real players) would be bottlenecked by that CPU .The more player you add the more slowdown you'll get
If you don't really care about multiplayer then that CPU is fine for most games (you must overclock it to 3.4Ghz though)
AMD APU should be ok for 720p (2x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x AF)
If you do care about multiplayer then get i5 2500k and overclock it to 4.4Ghz

niocera

Thnx for reaction.
We like to play together on the Wii but if i need to get a processor twice as expensive and still overclock it..i think i except that we just can play single player. How necessary is it to overclock it? I like to keep it original and energy saving as it is from itself Wink
Quote:we mostly play the simple sports and resort games.
No overclocking is fine then . Keep in mind that "Wii Sport Resort" won't run full speed

niocera

Ok..will keep that in mind..and with oc that will be better you say? gonna go for this setup anyway then and start playing with Dolphin after moving in Wink
thnx for help and tips