Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good running for running games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tried playing SSBB but I get random lag. :/
I need some good options to use too.
My specs are:
AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core 2.8 GHz (rated at 5.4)
Radeon HD6570
4GB DDR3
3.0-683 64-Bit
(06-10-2012, 12:07 PM)Exactly 9001 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried playing SSBB but I get random lag. :/
I need some good options to use too.
My specs are:
AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core 2.8 GHz (rated at 5.4)
Radeon HD6570
4GB DDR3
3.0-683 64-Bit

GPU is good, CPU needs overclocking or upgrading.
(Phenom 2 x4/ core i5, etc)
Oh okay, how about if I wanted to run GC games? SSBB is playable but for some reason SSBM runs even slower.
Emulating GC games isn't necessarily easier than Wii games. Some games are pretty demanding on either system. A better question to ask is how will specific games play on your hardware. Do you have some in mind that you want to play?
I just wanted to run games like Zelda: TP on GC, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy: CC. But if I need a better CPU, I probably won't end up playing them, My PSU is only 220W so I really don't want to risk that blowing if I OC my CPU. I guess I'll just wait until someone makes a better emulator that won't be so much of a hog in the future. :/ I just don't see how I can run Crysis 2 on hardcore settings but not SSBM. :c
(06-10-2012, 12:53 PM)Exactly 9001 Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to run games like Zelda: TP on GC, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy: CC. But if I need a better CPU, I probably won't end up playing them, My PSU is only 220W so I really don't want to risk that blowing if I OC my CPU. I guess I'll just wait until someone makes a better emulator that won't be so much of a hog in the future. :/ I just don't see how I can run Crysis 2 on hardcore settings but not SSBM. :c

PC games are more demanding of a GPU then CPU.
Dolphin is the opposite.
Also, dolphin has been in development for years by tons of dedicated, hardworking people. It won't be outclassed any time soon.

You could get a 95w Phenom 2 and see some performance increase.
Generally, Melee will run fullspeed on a Phenom 2 x4 955 at stock clocks.
Or just get a better PSU.Tongue

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103887

If you want to make a better emulator, feel free to help out. Dolphin is open source and the devs are helpful. Or you could help out with the Gekko emulator (yes it's still around). At any rate, it's not easy making an emulator for something like the GC and Wii, and it's even harder to make it run well on systems like yours.

As werewolfyman said, PC games and emulators are two different kinds of programs that use computer resources in different manners. That your PC runs PC games well means little in terms of how it should perform with Dolphin. That's a subject that's been explained a lot on the forums, check the FAQs in the Support forum for more detail.
That's the reason I opted for the unusual choice of a powerful processor and average video card.
Regret it to some extent as I don't actually play much on Dolphin.
Should've went with i3 2100 and a gtx 560.
Ah, well.Tongue
(06-10-2012, 12:53 PM)Exactly 9001 Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to run games like Zelda: TP on GC, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy: CC. But if I need a better CPU, I probably won't end up playing them, My PSU is only 220W so I really don't want to risk that blowing if I OC my CPU. I guess I'll just wait until someone makes a better emulator that won't be so much of a hog in the future. :/ I just don't see how I can run Crysis 2 on hardcore settings but not SSBM. :c

I seriously doubt you can play crysis 2 on hardcore settings with that hardware. I mean,you can,but with 15-20 fps.
Still,you probably can run the games you mentioned decently,you just need to tweak your dolphin settings
(06-10-2012, 01:11 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]

I seriously doubt you can play crysis 2 on hardcore settings with that hardware. I mean,you can,but with 15-20 fps.
Still,you probably can run the games you mentioned decently,you just need to tweak your dolphin settings

I was playing it on playable FPS with no drops, I can show you if you don't believe me.
Would I be fine playing Mario party 7 over netplay?
Pages: 1 2 3