Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: serious video problems..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

whitehawk125

I keep trying everything I possibly can to make it work, but no matter what, my video won't work. Is it because my hardware isn't good enough? Thank you so much for your help!
Posting what hardware you have would help.
And Dolphin settings...
(06-09-2012, 05:17 PM)whitehawk125 Wrote: [ -> ]I keep trying everything I possibly can to make it work, but no matter what, my video won't work. Is it because my hardware isn't good enough? Thank you so much for your help!

ATI Xpress 200 is quite old it's 7 years old not powerful enough to run dolphin smooth( assuming the info you provided on your profile is correct). Even though you should be able to get into the menus
Guess it's time to update your laptop.

Anyway what you always can try
-update drivers
-install direct x runtime
but on higher end demanding games you pretty much have a useless gfxcard

Still give us your full system specs

whitehawk125

(06-09-2012, 05:21 PM)McNuggets89 Wrote: [ -> ]Posting what hardware you have would help.

sorry, here it is:
Windows Vista 32-Bit
Intel
ATI Xpress 200 Series
1024 MB/2995 MHz
3.0-689
(06-09-2012, 07:31 PM)arcticmediagaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2012, 05:17 PM)whitehawk125 Wrote: [ -> ]I keep trying everything I possibly can to make it work, but no matter what, my video won't work. Is it because my hardware isn't good enough? Thank you so much for your help!

ATI Xpress 200 is quite old it's 7 years old not powerful enough to run dolphin smooth( assuming the info you provided on your profile is correct). Even though you should be able to get into the menus
Guess it's time to update your laptop.

Anyway what you always can try
-update drivers
-install direct x runtime
but on higher end demanding games you pretty much have a useless gfxcard

Still give us your full system specs

I tried to update my driver, and have installed direct x runtime. And everything on dolphin works but the video. And i don't actually know my full system specs.. Where would I find that?
What do you mean by "Intel"?

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.6...tup-en.exe

Try using CPU-Z if you don't know which processor you have.
That's how I discovered my Pentium 4 was a Northwood Pentium 4.

Also, that video card is weaker than even my intel HD 2000.
(Which can barely do native even in less demanding games.)
(06-10-2012, 02:24 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: [ -> ]Also, that video card is weaker than even my intel HD 2000.
It's not a video card lol , it's a chipset on the mobo
Old Ati GPU won't work well with latest dolphin , you can try older dolphin version like Dolphin r5186 .
I suggest you should buy a new - super fast pc if you wanna use dolphin

Bust out the chains and olive oil, I'm about to start making recommendations.
Have you tried both openGL and d3d9?
What exactly is the problem? "No video" is too vague. I'm guessing you mean a black screen?