Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another one of those is this good enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PlagueMeister

Hi. so I have:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1 gig ram
Running 6 gigs of DDR3
Windows 7 64x
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

And running Dolphin 3.0-688-Dirty

After some trial and error, I've been able to get my Xenoblade and Last Story to run, but it's quite slow. And before I get my kirby epic yarn ready, I want to know are things so slow because of my hardware or because I need to fix my settings. I thought following the dirty settings would get me going really fast, but whats up experts?
Your CPU clock speed is too slow . Buy aftermarket cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212) + aftermarket thermal paste (Arctic MX-4) then start overclocking 3.0-3.4Ghz
No you need a faster clock speed my C2D works fine on every GC game iv tried and only drops to about 90% speed in large areas of games, as said above overclock it to 3.2ghz+ and ul be fine

PlagueMeister

Thanks guys, guess I'll need to learn about over-clocking now.
(06-06-2012, 04:15 AM)PlagueMeister Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys, guess I'll need to learn about over-clocking now.

Its highly recommended you buy a new CPU cooler as the stock ones are not that good there's a free program called speedfan that will show you your CPU temps so if you do overclock on the stock cooler you can keep an eye on them and make sure your not cooking the CPU.