Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade Chronicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gkid14

I've been having trouble running Xenoblade, either the sound is choppy and bad or the framerate is slow. It's playable, i just wanted to know whether there's a way to setup dolphin so I can play it perfectly. What's the optimal setup?

My specs are
Intel i7- 2630QM @ 2.00 Ghz
8 GB RAM DDR3
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
Win 7 64-BIt

I use DSP LLE? Should I switch to HLE?
Is xenoblades too much for my pc to run it well?

Also these are my dolphin settings currently(If i don't mention it, its probably unticked)
Dolphin 3.0-688
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Framelimit: OFF
JIT RECOMPILER
Lock Threads to Core
DSP LLE Recompiler (DSOUND)
Backend - Direct 3D9
Internal Resolution - Auto (multiples of 640x528)
Antriscopic Filtering - 16x
Scaled EFB Copy
Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copies - Texture
Texture Cache - Fast
External Frame Buffer - Disable
Disable Fog, Disable Per-Pixel Depth

What framerates are you getting? You may want to look at this:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14356

gkid14

well i tried that version you posted and it's better now, the fps on the first battle is around 20-25 and the sound seems normal so far still some random frame drops and stutters, but playable. Anyway to get the fps even higher or is this the best I can hope for? i did patch xenoblades so that it could go to 30 fps.
I have not played this game on Dolphin, though I did beat it on the Wii, I think the first battle is pretty intense. The other battles might not be so bad. I have only heard this second-hand, so stick with the game for a bit to see. Check out the Dolphin Wiki for recommended settings from people with similar specs.
If you can't reach fullspeed on Xenoblade, you shouldn't use the 30fps patch. That will only slow the game down.
(06-05-2012, 11:46 AM)slmpika Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't reach fullspeed on Xenoblade, you shouldn't use the 30fps patch. That will only slow the game down.

This ^^

gkid14

hmm, that might be the problem, ill try that out
You're using the wrong build. You should use the HLE patched build.
Either way, your CPU isn't fast enough to play it at fullspeed all the time.