Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Convert save files between NTSC-J and PAL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently <bought> sengoku basara 3 utage.
I've heard you can transfer over the save files from sengoku basara 3 to utage but when I try it tells me there are no save files. I'm assuming this is because my copy of the game is PAL and utage needs NTSC-J save files.
Is there any way to convert saves from PAL to NTSC-J so I can transfer over my characters, costumes, weapons, and whatever else? I already have a solid hundred hours invested into basara 3 and I don't want it to go to waste.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
I figured it out, here's a quick rundown so anyone else who crosses this problem will be able to get a solution.

1. Open the save file location of the game. Simply right click the game of choice in dolphin and hit "Open Wii save folder."

2.Here's what the save file list should look like.
[Image: savefiles.jpg]
The first 6 hex characters represent the name of the game, and possibly some other shit, and the last 2 characters represent the version.
Here's a list of what they represent specifically:
(NTSC-)J = 4a
P(AL) = 50
(NTSC-)E = 45
X = 58
Lets take sengoku basara 3 for example:
The 534233 represents the game, the 50 means its pal.
So to convert it we create a copy of the save file and rename the new one to 5342334a.
That's it, no fancy hex editing, no extracting save files, just change the last 2 numbers and you change a PAL save file to a NTSC-J save file.

Enjoy!
Also nothing can go wrong with this process unless you're completely braindead but I'm going to say it anyway to avoid getting blamed for anything: BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE!!
Thank you. I was looking realy long for sth like that.

Now it would be great, if there might be a similar "trick" for Gamecube-games too (although its a different thing, with Memory-Cards?!)

Thank you again!
(06-02-2012, 08:39 AM)HAR65 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I was looking realy long for sth like that.

Now it would be great, if there might be a similar "trick" for Gamecube-games too (although its a different thing, with Memory-Cards?!)

Thank you again!
Sorry I have no idea, this is the limits of my knowledge on the subject.
I don't even have any NGC games in dolphin to test if something similar would work for NGC games.