Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my Notebook able to run Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Antihero89

Hey,

I just heard of dolphin and now I am wondering if my Notebook is able to run it properly.

First of all what i want to do with it:

I want to connect my PC to my TV (37" Full HD) and play Wii- and some Gamecube-games with it. I hope to do it at least with the graphical quality the Wii itself has, if the quality is better and the games are still running fine, thats even cooler for me of course Wink
I would prefeder to run the games from a harddrive but if it is better for the perfomance I would run them from a disk too.

I mostly want to play:
-All the Mario Games (2D plattformer, 3D plattformer, Sport games, Paper Mario, Smash bros and Mario Party)
-Other 2D Plattformers (Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby Return to Dreamland, A Boy and his Blob, Wario Land Shake it
-Zelda Games (Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

These Games I would play if they would run properly too:
-All Metroid games für Gamecube and Wii
-Starfox games
-Eternal Darkness
-Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes
-Resident Evil 1 Remake
-Some Casual Games (Fortune Street, Raving Rabbids, Go Vacation)
and Pikmin

These are the specs of my Notebook:
Sony Vaio VPCCB3S1e

Intel® Core™ i5-2430M Processor
2x 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost max 3.003GHz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-10600) 1333MHz
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 1GB

So it would be cool if you can help me telling if it is even worth it trying dolphin

Thanks for your help

Yours Sincerely

Antihero

Well, your GPU is weak, it can only handle an IR of 1x (480p). -> You can't play games in HD.

Concerning your CPU: Yeah, most games should be playable, some more, some less.

Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Star Fox Adventures and some more needs an overlocked High-End Desktop CPU to be playable/run @ fullspeed

Antihero89

Thank you for the fast answer.

I allready thought that Metroid and Star Fox would make some problems.
At which speed do you think would Mario Galacy running?
Speed : 60-70%
FPS : 40-45 Max